Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

I'm on X1 and since I downloaded the update, the game won't show me how many updates after downloading the roster.

I go to Team Management > Rosters > and press Y Download Roster

It says "Downloading Roster Data: 100%" - and then closes after 3 sec.

Anybody els seeing this too?

They might be adjusting the synergy and roster updates so it updates as promised in their statements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #162
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Am I the only one who completely hates the gameplay after the patch? 2 out of 3 passes end up being involuntary double passes. I have tested and it has nothing to do with how long you hold the pass button or which way the player is facing. The second pass usually goes to the most tightly guarded player on my team and half the time ends up stolen.

Also I am seeing ALOT more of the post-up spin move. Just finished beating the Bobcats with Pistons, 98-86. 74 of Bobcats' 86 points were from the paint.

I wonder if I could somehow downgrade to the previous patch? I can live without slightly washed out graphics.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #163
Pro

VERY poor effort.

VERY disappointing.

Since when is changing the lighting slightly been considered a 'patch'? That is a 'tweak' and it's a disgrace these guys are going around high fiving themselves all over twitter like they really achieved something.

NO gameplay issues were fixed:

CPU TIME OUTS = NO
LATE GAME AI = NO
Rosters = NO. Galinari still starts, he hasn't even played for a YEAR.
if you play season mode, CPU never subs its players if you use manual subs yourself. I like to make my own subs, but I can't because that means the cpu makes NONE.
Players still passing to team mates standing out of bounds = NO.
Missing players faces = NO.
"Generic point guard" = NO. I just tried a rewind game vs the Kings where Cousins didn't play and there is the 5 foot generic point guard at center. WTF!

Disgraceful effort. You people supporting these guys because they put a slight lighting polish on a dramatically poor game are NOT helping the cause here. EA needs to be accountable. This is NOT a patch, it fixes basically NONE of the key issues and their "daily roster updates and player art updates" promised pre release are non existent. Any developer team with ANY pride would have at the very least fixed the time out issue.

Last edited by Walt Frazier; 02-11-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 4

Passing glitch is frustrating. Computer controlled Hardon thunder dunks every time down the court. Dribbling still not one for one like the competition.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
VERY poor effort.

VERY disappointing.

Since when is changing the lighting slightly been considered a 'patch'? That is a 'tweak' and it's a disgrace these guys are going around high fiving themselves all over twitter like they really achieved something.

NO gameplay issues were fixed:

CPU TIME OUTS = NO
LATE GAME AI = NO
Rosters = NO. Galinari still starts, he hasn't even played for a YEAR.
if you play season mode, CPU never subs its players if you use manual subs yourself. I like to make my own subs, but I can't because that means the cpu makes NONE.
Players still passing to team mates standing out of bounds = NO.
Missing players faces = NO.
"Generic point guard" = NO. I just tried a rewind game vs the Kings where Cousins didn't play and there is the 5 foot generic point guard at center. WTF!

Disgraceful effort. You people supporting these guys because they put a slight lighting polish on a dramatically poor game are NOT helping the cause here. EA needs to be accountable. This is NOT a patch, it fixes basically NONE of the key issues and their "daily roster updates and player art updates" promised pre release are non existent. Any developer team with ANY pride would have at the very least fixed the time out issue.
Totally agree with you. I went to the NBA Live 14 Facebook page earlier today and was disgusted by the praises the Live team were getting for this over-hyped update. I'm not a fan-boy to any of these basketball games, but I always give credit to the better game and Live is definitely not the better game. That interview with Scott O' Gallagher zapped all my confidence in them for Live 15. How many times are they going fail until they finally get it right? Your game is far from being respectable so be a little more humble.

Last edited by shutdown10; 02-11-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #166
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Everyone is entitled their own opinions of the game. Except for the lack of timeouts, I was perfectly fine with the game pre patch. After the update, I'm still fine with it and I'm happy they're trying to fix their game. Looking forward to 15.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #167
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

OVR: 2

that pass back bug is infuriating! it almost makes the game unplayable. EA needs to fire their q.a guys I promise I could do a better job. more promises for next year, more we can't fix this without redoing the whole game, yet they were the ones talking about ignite allowing for easier use of tools. I'm ignoring the EA fan boy in me from now on. if 2K wasn't as much of a scam as this one i'd switch but their game is glorified 21 at your local park where everyone is LeBron James and the cracked is the self appointed ref.

I can't wait for titan fall. sighs (grr. more of my money for e.a. )
Old 02-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #168
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Icon4 Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

I think I'm starting to have a serious case of placebo effect I initially played the game after the update and actually liked it now the more I play the more I see that the game feels very ping-pong like and is extremely fast paced when it shouldn't be guys are almost like rocketing on the floor now I think it only look smoother because they sped everything up not liking the game at all now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »