Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Live 14 is presently sitting at 150,000 copies sold globally between the PS4 and XBOX one. Do you guys think they'll make it to 200,000 copies before the season is completed? I wonder what the budget will be like for them in Live 15. I'm just not excited for their future basketball games unless they prove me wrong. It is like they are a crawling baby learning how to walk with the effort they put in from 2013 to 2014 on this game.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #154
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
At work, can anyone put a summary of this up?

http://www.nba-live.com/nlsc-podcast...tt-ogallagher/
Text summary:

-- This "could be one of the last patches." "There is other stuff (dribbling, playbooks) we could possibly get to, but that decision is above me."

-- With these updates, "we're trying to do something that's never been done before, instead of just giving you a disc and then showing up next October." "The big thing for us with this patch was just to improve the flow of the game."

-- "Tutorials are something that should have been there from day one, but things happen." "We will definitely do a better job with Shootaround mode in NBA Live 15." "There are still things we need to tutorialize like post defense."

-- "We're not anywhere close to where we want to be with the dribbling system yet." "BounceTek is extremely powerful and revolutionary." "When you're working with new technology, the time to tune isn't always there."

-- "We believe the consumers who bought our game were the hardcore basketball fans."

-- "Morale is very high. We didn't pay too much attention to the early reviews when they came out. Most of them were very unfair. Their assumptions were made up on how the game looked visually." "Everybody's so emotionally driven, there's always that instant response, and it wouldn't be smart for any developer to jump on that and react."

-- "Our artists were just making the player faces on their own for NBA Live 14. There were no scans to work from."

-- "We may be doing another Twitch stream later this week." "Even though we aren't posting a lot, we are reading through Twitter and the Live forums looking for feedback. Keep posting and tweeting."
Old 02-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #155
Just started!

The lack of roster updating/editing is a bit frustrating. As a Bucks fan, the Nate Wolters player model is unacceptable (you can all see for yourselves) and Giannis looks very generic as well. This takes away from the experience for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #156
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Text summary:

"Morale is very high. We didn't pay too much attention to the early reviews when they came out. Most of them were very unfair. Their assumptions were made up on how the game looked visually." "Everybody's so emotionally driven, there's always that instant response, and it wouldn't be smart for any developer to jump on that and react."

-- "Our artists were just making the player faces on their own for NBA Live 14. There were no scans to work from."

So they expected people to shell out $500+ and want inferior visuals? They've been talking face scan of Tyson Chandlers mangly beard since Elite 11, to now not having face scans & artists freelancing by hand, but disregard early reviews because they halfhearted cut corners in the 1st place?

Yeah right~~ that's a slap in the face to everyone who said the visuals/animations were bad, & they apologize & patch visuals later? They must think we gamers are stupid & gullible. Sean O'Brien apologized 3 days after release. it wouldn't be smart for any developer to jump on that and react. 3 days.... .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 02-11-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #157
Just started!

As for the update, I thought NBA Live 14 was fun to begin with (pre-patch) and with the update it's now a better playing experience overall. I really appreciate their efforts, but at the same time I don't get why they can't fix the very simple things.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #158
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, X...

Old 02-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #159
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
So they expected people to shell out $500+ and want inferior visuals? They've been talking face scan of Tyson Chandlers mangly beard since Elite 11, to now not having face scans & artists freelancing by hand, but disregard early reviews because they halfhearted cut corners in the 1st place?

Yeah right~~ that's a slap in the face to everyone who said the visuals/animations were bad, & they apologize & patch visuals later? They must think we gamers are stupid & gullible. Sean O'Brien apologized 3 days after release. it wouldn't be smart for any developer to jump on that and react. 3 days.... .
I SMH when I read that he said this. Honestly I did not take him seriously after that interview he had with Franchisesports on youtube calling people who were not satisfied with this game Nerf gamers. Live 15 is their last shot at redemption, so lets see if they are going to put up or shut up for good.

Last edited by shutdown10; 02-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #160
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Not digging the practice mode camera at all... Don't suppose there is anyway to change camera angles?
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »