Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #217
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Here's hoping this game is simple and fun as hell. Sports games have gotten way too complicate in recent years. Haven't bothered playing them in a while. Just too overwhelming.
Exactly !!! alot of sports games try to mimic a sport to the T and while it can be accurate its little to no fun as theres no true interaction at key times as the AI/programming overrides things to force a sim like result so at that point why even play ?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #218
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Exactly !!! alot of sports games try to mimic a sport to the T and while it can be accurate its little to no fun as theres no true interaction at key times as the AI/programming overrides things to force a sim like result so at that point why even play ?
Most people prefer Sim over Arcade tho...& I'm one of 'em
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #219
Banned

OVR: 18

I don't really need 2 baseball games do I?
Old 02-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #220
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I hear you. I like to actually control the onscreen action. PYS is perfect in this regard! Here's to hoping RBI has some of that!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #221
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
Ya time can be a factor in games, especially if you don't have alot of video game time to play.

One of the things I really liked about the High Heat console series and the PowerPro / Bobblehead series, was the ability to play a very good game of realistic baseball in around 25 mins.
Agree 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #222
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

All this sim talk has me a bit confused. If you want a true sim, you are going to have to play OOTP or text base because otherwise results are going to be dependent on the players skill. Or sim would be a 1 button mechanism for pitching and hitting where the results were determined by the players actual stats and ability.

I think a baseball game is the easiest video game sport to get realistic results in and play sim. From my experience, It really comes down to can the pitchers walk batters while trying to throw strikes, outfielders can't get to every ball, the power/homerun frequency where it needs to be, the stats fall in line.

The original RBI baseball for the NES, my friends and I played the heck out of it. I remember we had a tournament amongst all of our friends and the finals it was the Astros beat the Cardinals 1-0. There were some blowouts along the way and some other lower scoring games. I'll always remember the final game(which I was just a spectator at that point) because the ball appeared to go through the wall instead of over and it was a highly contested incident. But that being said, the stats at the end of the day seemed sim.

If RBI baseball has fun gameplay and the season stats are relatively decent that will be fine with me. I just want a fun game to play where running the bases isn't over complicated and pitchers actual pitch to their ability(meaning walk batters when actually trying to throw strikes for the mediocre pitchers.)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #223
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Most people prefer Sim over Arcade tho...& I'm one of 'em
Me too but I rather play then just watch something sim unfold I have little say in I mean or why even play right ? unless your just a watcher try mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
I hear you. I like to actually control the onscreen action. PYS is perfect in this regard! Here's to hoping RBI has some of that!
Yes I heard great things about it but we will know soon enough about RBI 14 and even if not hard core sim it can still be great fun without being arcade y I hope .
Old 02-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #224
MVP

OVR: 4

Anything new will be good enough for me. 2k has turned into into a disaster, and the Show has been the same thing over and over for a while now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »