Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #73
Rookie

mu382's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Just finished the first year of MyGM with the Cavs which ended in a playoff loss to Brooklyn. Also deep into a MyCareer which is really fun to play. Graphics are insane and the gameplay is awesome. Zero issues with this game and a big two thumbs up here.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:57 AM   #74
Just started!

OVR: 0
Love the Article, but it didnt get into MyCareer like it should've List of things that i found playing MyCareer that just are unacceptable and have been legacy issues since the mode was implemented.

1. Offensive Rebounds for the CPU
2. 3point shooting and fadeaway jumpshots for post players for the CPU (Even on simulation)
3. Free Throw Glitch Where you miss the majority of your A- free throw's
4. AIRBALLING LAYUP GLITCH, I've had my player (Rated 92) overall airball WIDE OPEN LAYUPS for no reason at all.
5. CPU Teammates missing wide open shots
6. CPU teammates skipping open layups and forcing themselves contested ones.
7. Lack of animations for in-stride catches when on fast breaks. Too many times your player has to stop to catch the ball losing speed and momentum smh annoying.
8. No FREE AGENCY FOR YOUR PLAYER. So youre either stuck with the same team or have to ask for a trade. The team you're signed too keeps getting "Team Option's" Even after your 3rd year in the league wtf.
9. CPU making stupid trades throughout the season.
10. Lack of accessories colors. Most accessories only have 4 colors (White, black, blue, red) smh
11. Lack of customization, we had 90% customization over our players on last gen, now feels like were being punished for paying the extra money for next gen with this broken game.
12. VC Glitch (where you pay $ for accessories and it doesn't register, also forcing you to fill out a complaint to get the message off your opening screen every time)
13. CPU players not taking open shots instead jab stepping and waiting on a defender....I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS STILL HAPPENING IN 2014.
14. NO CREATE A PLAYER FEATURE FOR My GM (has nothin to do with MyCareer but its pretty stupid) I just dont understand this at all.
15. NBA Store missing accessories like the extended calf sleeves smh cmon....
16. CAN'T CHANGE JERSEYS IN MY CAREER, WHY IS THIS STILL NOT IMPLEMENTED I DONT UNDERSTAND IT?

All these off the top of my head. The game LOOKS great, but after 4 patches its finally playable. It was completely broken and alot of things need to be changed. Basically we upgraded in graphics, but the game is still broken. I wish we had an alternative (Played the Live demo and hated it) but were stuck with this game.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #75
Rookie

My Career is the best mode, but it is absolutely pointless. You can never, ever play for the team you want. You can go to the Bucks, Wolves, Suns and a couple other horrible teams. If you ask for you a trade you go to one of the other teams on that short list. You can never get traded to your favorite team and you can not enter Free Agency at the end of your first contract. This is horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #76
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Waited 3-4 years for next-gen consoles and an improved NBA 2k & FIFA Career Mode. Sucks to realise that both games are ****ed up...FIFA hasnt improved at all compared to current gen, especially manager mode is still at the same level as in 2010. And NBA 2k...seems like they wasted too much time introducing **** like VC ....
So disappointed. Really hoped that 2014 would be the year in which Sports Games would reach the next level.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #77
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
2K failed onilne and the bugs, EA failed basically wiht everything they promised. Both are inferior this year. I'm back to playing the old games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »