Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #193
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It should be arcade. RBI baseball was quite literally an arcade game in it's original form.
Yup…I haven't understood the 'is it sim/arcade' question from the beginning. It's like if they announced they were bringing back Super Mario Bros and folks wonder if it's going to be a sim role playing game.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #194
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Yup…I haven't understood the 'is it sim/arcade' question from the beginning. It's like if they announced they were bringing back Super Mario Bros and folks wonder if it's going to be a sim role playing game.
Well, hopefully we get some information and screenshots soon so the speculation can end.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #195
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Its not even close to the same argument. You would be hard pressed to find any sports games on snes that we would consider sim these days. In fact there isnt any. Actually rbi base all was probably by far the most sim baseball game at that time. Offering 700 actual mlb players along with season and playoff game modes. It even had a screen in the upper right to show a cheering crowd to add to the realism. If anything we should exp3ct this to be a sim, consideri g the original was as sim as you could get on a snes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #196

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedogg9999
Its not even close to the same argument. You would be hard pressed to find any sports games on snes that we would consider sim these days. In fact there isnt any. Actually rbi base all was probably by far the most sim baseball game at that time. Offering 700 actual mlb players along with season and playoff game modes. It even had a screen in the upper right to show a cheering crowd to add to the realism. If anything we should exp3ct this to be a sim, consideri g the original was as sim as you could get on a snes
Umm, no.

Bases loaded on the Nintendo had none of this and was more sim than RBI...
Old 02-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #197
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedogg9999
I believe RBI is also the first baseball game to have real players.
So you're right in that it was considered sim in it's day.

Only time will tell what kind of game this will be.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #198

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I believe RBI is also the first baseball game to have real players.
So you're right in that it was considered sim in it's day.

Only time will tell what kind of game this will be.
Having real players makes a game sim?

We have different definitions of a simulation game then. I believe NBA jam had real players too. Do you consider that sim?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #199
Rookie

habslover10_GoYanks's Arena

OVR: 5

I just want a screenshot!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #200
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
To me, that doesn't mean it can't be realistic.

It can be simplified in that you don't pitch and hit like you do in The Show, but that doesn't mean a .300 hitter can't hit better than a .240 one and more or less be in that ballpark (if you/the game tracked the stats) assuming good user input.

That would be realistic, but still could be "arcade" in that it's a simplified game interface/mechanics with more abstractions as a result.

It is possible to merge both worlds - it's not always either/or, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »