Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Coming Soon - Adds Shootaround Mode and Improved Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Coming Soon - Adds Shootaround Mode and Improved Gameplay within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #65
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Glad they are sticking with it. Shame it wasn't what it should have been from launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #66
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Coming Soon - Adds Shootaround Mode and Improved Game

I want nba live to succeed so bad, it's heading in the right direction
Old 02-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #67
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Coming Soon - Adds Shootaround Mode and Improved Game

Its a success to me. Just too bad people never gave it a chance. At launch I almost sold it in a couple days. Glad I didn't
Old 02-09-2014, 01:58 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
and at this point I think we have shifted into overboard....I understand the excitement of the day with the announcement and everything...but where all this EA "has been there for us" "has given their every thing and supported us" stuff coming from? They released a game and are now patching it...don't get me wrong, devs in general work hard and I have respect for that, but this is nothing revolutionary. If we want to make 2k the villain that's fine...(even though I have no idea why they are being brought up in a Live title update thread) but that sure doesn't make EA the hero...there's a thread a few ways down that still has some unfulfilled promises in it...

I'm as excited as everyone else about the patch and the future....but let's postpone the EA parade and just appreciate that Live is finally getting back on their feet...
We haven't even seen if the patch fixes anything. A shootaround mode was NOT the "most requested" feature EA.. no I wanted you to fix the core gameplay which was broken on so many levels.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I was just thinking....they refer to this as a "title update"....maybe there is actually a actual "patch" in the works too?

As I was playing this morning, I was thinking...all these additions are fantastic, and I am excited about them....but is the CPU still not going to call timeout throughout the game? Is the A.I going to continue to mismanage late game situations? Am I still going to receive losses in UT when the server crashes?

Kind've curbed my excitement a bit..
Title updates are patches. On PC we call it a patch. On consoles we call it a "title update" because Sony and MS like to pretend nothing is ever wrong with a console game i guess, lol.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #70
Just started!

OVR: 0
Honestly, I enjoy the game. Not because it's super realistic or made for sim gamers. It's so easy to just hop in a game of Rising Star mode and just do your thing. You don't have to spend a crap-ton of in-game currency to get accessories. You just equip them. If you haven't played Rising Star, you should. It's a really simple game mode that's pretty east to get into.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #71
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Player models are honestly very well done on this game. Hopefully with the lighting enhancements this will be more apparent. Really for me it comes down to the fact that this game is about 8,000 animations away from being very good. Im hopeful for live's future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
Title updates are patches. On PC we call it a patch. On consoles we call it a "title update" because Sony and MS like to pretend nothing is ever wrong with a console game i guess, lol.
It's all about connotation.

The two words carry the same denotation.

Somewhere around 2006-2007, game companies decided that "patch" had developed a negative connotation, so they started using "title update" as a more neutral, PR-friendly word.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »