Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
RumbleCard*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #66
Rookie

Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Did the BBB write those descriptions or did you? Especially the last part.
01/17/2014 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : This customer appears to have encountered an issue in NBA 2K14 that the development team is aware of. The team has been investigating solutions for this issue during the past few weeks, and has submitted an update to our partners at Microsoft and Sony that we believe will resolve this customer's issue. Though the submission process with Microsoft and Sony for updates can take up to 10 to 14 days for final approval and release, we are working with our partners to minimize the wait time for 2K14 players to receive this update. We're continuing to work with this customer on his open support request. That is how 2K responded.

And this is my response to them

01/22/2014 WEB BBB RECEIVED CONSUMER REBUTTAL - SEND TO BUSINESS : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
The product has been unusable since November 2013. Two months is a long time for a product not to work as advertised. They are using the consumer to beta test their product. Basically we (the consumer) paid 2K $60 to work for them. That is unacceptable.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 15

I hated myplayer before nba 2k14, but on 2k14, that's all I play. I hav had no issues other then the park and the occassional timing out cause their servers suck. Other than that, My experience has been ok, but then again I only play myplayer now. So I wouldn't know.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 4

If they had just allowed us to save our stuff to the hard drive,instead of tying everything to their servers I would have been fine. But why they went with the "always connected" nonsense, especially after the debacle that was SimCity and the way the gaming community was so against it when Microsoft was gonna go that route is beyond me.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #69
Rookie

BrianTX's Arena

OVR: 1

Looks like I've become a victim of the corrupted MyPlayer... 2 of them. I had a 93 PG and 93 SG and now neither will load. I see the 'Starring *********' message, then it crashes. It's strange that it happened on the same day. Anyone found any fixes yet?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #70
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Great article. The only thing I would mention is that at the end where you mention the 3 offline modes, it should be the 3 "offline" modes, since you have to have a server connection to play them and earn VC, and if you get disconnected while playing you get kicked out and lose your progress. Terrible system.

While MyCareer is the best mode of the game and does deliver some fun and exciting moments, everything is so scripted that there's no real uniqueness to any of it. Everybody has more or less the same experience, and it's not based so much on how you play as how the game wants it to go for you. You get called out by the coach after a fantastic game because you didn't meet some ridiculous dynamic goal that is totally counterproductive to the game and winning. You can replay the mode but you get the same general experience. No real variation other than making different responses to questions and good lord how many birthdays does that janitor have?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #71
Pro

jpshua15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
I know it's at the very beginning of this thread, but this picture basically sums up how 2k14 has been

(If you've ever played The Park, you'd understand)

Fictional Draft Classes
PSN: shuab15
2015/#1: Fictional DC 1 (2015)
2016/#2:
2017/#3:
2018/#4:
2019/#5:

Official FDC Website: http://nba2k15fdc.wix.com/nba2k15fdc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
This by far has been the most disappointing aspect of this launch to me. The PR department has been abysmal.

I can accept the fact that you're in over your head with the new technology. It happens. But to go underground and leave your loyal customers hanging in the wind is unacceptable.

To throw away all of the goodwill that you built up over the years is just bad business.
Sorry to bring up and old post, but I agree. Their PR takes SOOO long to admit to an issue being their problem. Like the connection issues that are running rampant in the game and I scrolled the last 48 hours of their twitter feed and searched for the words "connection" and "NAT" and there are 84 tweets from them addressing players with this issue.

They still maintain the stance there is no issue and refer you to their FAQ. And if you humour them and provide 2k with the info they require, they will just ignore your tweets, ticket updates etc.

I remember at launch when I was playing MyCareer and the ce-34878-0 error was around, they swore to me black and blue it was Sony's fault. Then they didn't admit liability until patch 2 came out addressing the issue.

I think I may be done with the 2k sports franchise. It's just too stressful

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »