Home

NBA Live 14: It's Time to Leave a Man Behind

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: It's Time to Leave a Man Behind within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #41
Rookie

BigTy's Arena

OVR: 0
I have some major issues with this article. I find this thought process kind of half hearted. The reason I say this is I but 3-4 games a year and this year NBA wS one of them. So now I have a game I spent 60+ dollars on that has MAJOR issues and with out any type of compensation the writer has a view point of just moving to the next version of the game just so a cycle date can be met. I do understand that we as gamers are used to this habit. But for me I totally disagree. If I sold you a car that only works on Mondays but I advertised it to work everyday. I know so e one would fix the car to a workable state.

I'm sure we all have different views and opinions but EA has got my house hold for sim City, NBA live, and Battlefield 4. I'm a bit sick of buying games that are critically bugged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #42
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14: It's Time to Leave a Man Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakiss88
I will first start by saying that I have yet to play anything Next Gen so don't expect a ton of Fan boy one sided arguments.

I don't think it's time to scrap Live. I think they should work on upgrading Live 14 as they promised and use roster updates to keep things fresh. Live 14 tanked but from what I have heard, read, and seen it seems Live is making small improvements to make the game more enjoyable. If they were to scrap Live 14 do you really think they would make any money on Live 15....sure some fan boys and 2k haters would buy it but EA would stand to make more money with what they have now.

The expectations for Live are low, nobody expects a mind blowing experience most people just want a different experience than 2k offers and with 2k being riddled with game breaking issues this is the perfect opportunity for EA to stay the course with Live and build on what they have now.

They have lowered the cost of the game, they have maintained the promise to continue to upgrade the game, and honestly SOOO many people are complaining about 2k right now that if Live ever finds it's stride the competition will once again ramp back up.

I honestly think if 2k Sports and EA stopped doing yearly releases and focused more on a two to three year window we wouldn't be seeing all these issues.
great post! starting next year i'm going to start buying games every 2 years. tired of roster updates made out to be a new game
Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
great post! starting next year i'm going to start buying games every 2 years. tired of roster updates made out to be a new game
Rumor from NLSC it is that the big patch will come out mid Feb around the All Star break. Here is the link to the podcast if you have time to listen.

http://www.nba-live.com/nlsc-podcast-episode-63/
Old 01-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #44
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Rumor from NLSC it is that the big patch will come out mid Feb around the All Star break. Here is the link to the podcast if you have time to listen.

Is OS pretty much the only forum that actively talks about NBA LIVE 14? Our impressions thread has more posts than entire Live forums combined
Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #45
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Author comes off like he is saying "love my 2K!!!!!!!"

No that's what you want to believe because you don't agree with what he wrote. Nice try though. One game has nothing to do with the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #46
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10

I speculated that a few weeks ago already. Pretty sure they will be showing off the updated version to players and fans during all star weekend. only makes sense.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5
this year waas just disapppointing altogether for basketball on the nextgen. there were flaws in both games. they just need to get it together for next season.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #48
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

I totally disagree with this post. EA Sports "promised" to fix NBA Live 14 so I feel they should honor their word and fix it. I could care less about NBA Live 15 on January 22, 2014 when NBA Live 14 just came out 2 months ago.We can worry about NBA Live 15 in October when it comes out. Even though I still have fun with this game, even with its flaws, I feel EA owes it to everyone who purchased this game at full retail price, despite the negative reviews, and have patiently waited for EA to release the patch they have "promised" to release. To those people that says NBA Live 14 to hard, my advice would be just play the game. The more you play it, the better you get. Just take your early butt whippings like a man until you get the feel of the game down. I find the shooting and dribbling to be pretty simple once you get used to it. Lastly, about roster updates, where is Ryan Kelly for the Lakers and Rasoul Butler for the Pacers, and why is Roger Mason Jr a free agent when he has been on the Heat roster all season long.If someone from EA sees this post, please take care of that in the next roster update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »