Home

NBA Live 14: It's Time to Leave a Man Behind

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: It's Time to Leave a Man Behind within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 48
Sorry I should have stated, that the game isn't deal in the water; but could revive itself with some simple tactics! cont~
Old 01-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2
This game is an embarassment to next-gen hardware. It will never be improved upon because its made by EA. End of story.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14: It's Time to Leave a Man Behind

Good Post! Ea needs to prove to the masses that they can create a respectful basketball game. They have run out of all their excuses. Nobody should make excuses for them any more. They had a great opportunity to wow us with Live 14 and choked. If Live 15 is similar then curtains for them. They are the laughing stock of all sports gaming right now and have a really bad rep. Its not going to be easy to get out of that position. 150,000 or 200,000 copies sold are not going to save this title in the future. They better have a brilliant strategy this year to get consumers to buy Live 15.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0
Author comes off like he is saying "love my 2K!!!!!!!"
Old 01-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #21
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
This is one of the biggest pieces that I disagree with. The gameplay is what makes me want to play the game. It makes me want to continue playing even when I know I should be shutting down the PS4 for the night. The jump shots, once you are fluid with the controls are slick. They are about as seamless as you can get. I love going in with a crossover, or rocking someone to sleep, to rise up fluidly for the jumper. I'll spend quite a bit of time just doing that each game, looking at how fluid it is in the replays. As long as your body is in the right position, and you aren't trying to shoot a jumpshot without your body squared, then it's a really nice animation, really fluid.
I agree with this 100%. IMO, Live 14 plays a lot more like what I see on TV, and also when I play outside myself. See, the problem I have with 2k is humans can't possibly move the way they do in that game, it gives gamers a little too much control of changing direction.

Live feels sluggish for most gamers, but I can see what EA is trying to accomplish here. True to life movements. Still a ways to go though.

Last edited by Earl1963; 01-22-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I agree with this 100%. IMO, Live 14 plays a lot more like what I see on TV, and also when I play outside myself. See, the problem I have with 2k is humans can't possibly move the way they do in that game, it gives gamers a little too much control of changing direction.

Live feels sluggish for most gamers, but I can see what EA is trying to accomplish here. True to life movements. Still a ways to go though.

I'm on board with this statement

Sent from my iPhone
Old 01-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Author comes off like he is saying "love my 2K!!!!!!!"

Everyone in this thread is discussing the article like grown ups...please don't bring this mess in here..

Good article...but I don't think EA should give up or anything like that...just continue to accept feedback from the community and try their best to implement it into the game....as of right now, pre patch, I think they have a LONG way to go...even if we're leaving graphics out of the occasion....

I actually disagree with some of the gameplay criticisms in the article...but one thing I totally agree with is it sometimes feeling like a chore to finish a game...

a game I had the other day was a perfect example of this...did a fantasy draft to shake things up, I get in game and realize that half of my team have the same signature shot...really sucks out a lot of the immersion. I also realized that have no idea who I am playing on the opposite team because the likenesses don't stand out...Unless they had an outstanding quality, I couldn't tell who they were until it flashed on the bottom of the screen when they scored. This isn't a "oh it's not pretty enough" complaint...this is legit graphical complaint that many others besides myself have spoken on..,.

Combine this with the gameplay issues that I have already talked about previously, it just sucks what fun there is out of the game sometimes.....some games go great...but lately I am seeing more bad than good. I've been playing this game since day one...I like that it's different, I like a lot of what it brings, but I can't call it a "good foundation" any more, right now it's just "a foundation" to me, and I hope EA can tweak and build upon it...
Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14: It's Time to Leave a Man Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963

I guess this is just a preference thing, but for me it looks like about half of what I see on TV and real life...

I actually just got back from the gym...won 5 games straight...but got ran off the court by some younger guys who basically ran their break to perfection the whole game...I don't see this in Live '14....our big guy couldn't stay with their smaller, more athletic big guy....he couldn't really score because of his foot speed....this wouldn't matter in Live '14, as the bigs have guard handles...and lord knows he couldn't spin move through double teams to win us the game...

as far as impossible movement...I have never seen someone euro step from 15 feet and throw in a layup with their off hand IRL..

It's 100% fine to prefer this game, but I think it's only fair to hold them to the same standard if were going to make these types of comments...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-22-2014 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »