Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #57
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Thinking of selling NBA 2k14 now with MLB 14 The Show releasing soon, and other PS4 games finally getting ready to come out. I feel NBA 2k14 was a good foundation but so many nagging issues kept me from playing it like crazy.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:37 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Great article, I can not agree more...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4
Hey operation sports, thanks you too make this thread. It demonstrates that you are with me and pennyhard and leo14812!!!
The court size feels too small when compared to the players' proportions and their movement speed.
court is too small, it has been clear since a long time!!!!
Shooting percentages are way too high; jumpshots are too easy to make.
Too many guards are taking and making running floaters. (Last year in2k13, penny hardaway and gary payton and every pg)
I don't understand why people bought this game, and those issue were the same in older nba 2k. Developper have clearly fooled us since a long time.
And how many time i have been banned for this on your forum, how many time people called me troll.
I ... Them all!!!!
Now we are allied!! I'm really happy that you said that today nba 2k14 is not woth a $60 purchase.

You just forgot something, and apparently you have not the right to speak about it, classic team and bad representation of art department.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:50 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram4x4marc
When I was playing My Career, in year 1, I made the Allstar team and also the 3 point shootout. Unfortunately...not until that moment did I have a chance to even play the mode. Needless to say I shot terribly as its a completely different control scheme for some reason. Why not just let me shoot like normal? Or why not have this mode in practice somehow? Luckily I didn't make the dunk contest or I would've put up a 0.

Trying to play friends is a disaster...inviting to locker rooms, then party, then praying they somehow pop into the room with you. Whatever happened to the online lobbys from NBA 2k1, ( or any older sports game online) where you could click a friend and challenge him. Now i can't even see the record of my opponent, which I never care about but why does it have to be a secret?

It seems the better the "generation" of games, there is always an extra step in doing something so simple. Why? I love the game and haven't taken it out of the system in weeks, but man, its so frustrating when these things used to be so easy
I finally solved my connection issues with support (not corrupted saves though), which may help you too (on Xbox one):

For those who ever get the same issues I did (blank myteam, default clothing only, can't join park or locker rooms) removing my gamertag from console, then reloading it fixed everything!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was fed up and went to the BBB

Consumer's Original Complaint :
Sold unplayable product.
Sold product that does not work according to advertisement.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
Full refund

BBB Processing

01/07/2014 web BBB Complaint Received by BBB
01/08/2014 TEP BBB Complaint Validated by BBB Operator
01/08/2014 Otto EMAIL Send acknowledgement to Consumer
01/08/2014 Otto EMAIL Inform Business of the Complaint
01/17/2014 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : This customer appears to have encountered an issue in NBA 2K14 that the development team is aware of. The team has been investigating solutions for this issue during the past few weeks, and has submitted an update to our partners at Microsoft and Sony that we believe will resolve this customer's issue. Though the submission process with Microsoft and Sony for updates can take up to 10 to 14 days for final approval and release, we are working with our partners to minimize the wait time for 2K14 players to receive this update. We're continuing to work with this customer on his open support request.
01/21/2014 TEP EMAIL Forward Business Response to Consumer
01/22/2014 WEB BBB RECEIVED CONSUMER REBUTTAL - SEND TO BUSINESS : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
The product has been unusable since November 2013. Two months is a long time for a product not to work as advertised. They are using the consumer to beta test their product. Basically we (the consumer) paid 2K $60 to work for them. That is unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #62
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatOldMan
I was fed up and went to the BBB

Consumer's Original Complaint :
Sold unplayable product.
Sold product that does not work according to advertisement.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
Full refund

BBB Processing

01/07/2014 web BBB Complaint Received by BBB
01/08/2014 TEP BBB Complaint Validated by BBB Operator
01/08/2014 Otto EMAIL Send acknowledgement to Consumer
01/08/2014 Otto EMAIL Inform Business of the Complaint
01/17/2014 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : This customer appears to have encountered an issue in NBA 2K14 that the development team is aware of. The team has been investigating solutions for this issue during the past few weeks, and has submitted an update to our partners at Microsoft and Sony that we believe will resolve this customer's issue. Though the submission process with Microsoft and Sony for updates can take up to 10 to 14 days for final approval and release, we are working with our partners to minimize the wait time for 2K14 players to receive this update. We're continuing to work with this customer on his open support request.
01/21/2014 TEP EMAIL Forward Business Response to Consumer
01/22/2014 WEB BBB RECEIVED CONSUMER REBUTTAL - SEND TO BUSINESS : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
The product has been unusable since November 2013. Two months is a long time for a product not to work as advertised. They are using the consumer to beta test their product. Basically we (the consumer) paid 2K $60 to work for them. That is unacceptable.
Did the BBB write those descriptions or did you? Especially the last part.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #63
Rookie

throb76's Arena

OVR: 1

I didn't expect perfection, I just wanted the gameplay and the modes from the 360 with the next gen graphics.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thank you rumble card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »