Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #49
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
This by far has been the most disappointing aspect of this launch to me. The PR department has been abysmal.

I can accept the fact that you're in over your head with the new technology. It happens. But to go underground and leave your loyal customers hanging in the wind is unacceptable.

To throw away all of the goodwill that you built up over the years is just bad business.
Its the powers that control the Pr. No amount of PR can make some of the stuff ok. Having to save rosters online and the removal of defensive settings are bad ideas with Paul Newman, Morgan Freeman, and Carl Sagan selling it.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
This by far has been the most disappointing aspect of this launch to me. The PR department has been abysmal.

I can accept the fact that you're in over your head with the new technology. It happens. But to go underground and leave your loyal customers hanging in the wind is unacceptable.

To throw away all of the goodwill that you built up over the years is just bad business.
I don't know if it's the most disappointing aspect of the launch to me per se, but it is terribly disappointing nonetheless. I still feel completely in the dark about where 2K stands now and where they're planning on going in the future. They have been the antithesis of transparent throughout this entire process and as a consumer, I feel insulted.

Granted, 2K doesn't have to do everything in their power to appease me. But then again, I'd like to think pleasing consumers and addressing their concerns about their product could be a solid business move.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #51
Rookie

throb76's Arena

OVR: 1
I have been a hardcore 2k player for the past two years. I talking, I played all year long with Association Mode.
I, much like everyone else, saw the new 2k and thought, its gonna be perfect.
Now, after playing it (or not) for a few months, I don't have any desire to play any basketball. It's even left such a bad taste that I don't even watch many games other then my team.
This game is so bad, and it has so many good things to offer, but it really feels like 2k rushed it.
So next year, I will not be buying the game. Unless 2k offers a substantial discount to all of this years purchasers ( seeing how we are all basically testers for them) I will take a hard look at NBA live.
I'm sure EA is loving all the bad press for 2K. E3 next year should be fun.
No more NBA2K for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb76
I have been a hardcore 2k player for the past two years. I talking, I played all year long with Association Mode.
I, much like everyone else, saw the new 2k and thought, its gonna be perfect.
Now, after playing it (or not) for a few months, I don't have any desire to play any basketball. It's even left such a bad taste that I don't even watch many games other then my team.
This game is so bad, and it has so many good things to offer, but it really feels like 2k rushed it.
So next year, I will not be buying the game. Unless 2k offers a substantial discount to all of this years purchasers ( seeing how we are all basically testers for them) I will take a hard look at NBA live.
I'm sure EA is loving all the bad press for 2K. E3 next year should be fun.
No more NBA2K for me.
This is really too bad. It started with you expecting perfection tho. The worst thing about it though is that nba live is just awful! Hoping for that miracle may keep you away from hoops for a while. Sorry bro
Old 01-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0
I mainly play My GM on the PS4 and a little bit of MyCareer. To be honest I have not experienced crashes and corrupt save files like many of you have experienced on both the PS4 and XboxOne systems. I can advance past the second round in the playoffs on MyGm mode with no problem. BUT I AM pissed about not being able to edit contract offers to free agents in the offseason!!!! I shouldn't have to do a code/glitch just to edit a freakin' contract offer!! Like how can you mess up something so simple but so vital to a season!!?…and what's up with not being able to put accessories on my player in MyCareer? I can live without the corny cinematic dialogue if it'll give me some damn accessories! Oh, and I've pretty much given up on online play. ****tiest server of the year award goes to 2K!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Excellent article, that I am sure 2K developers have read already. The only way to fix the problem is in our hands. I know the game plays very well, but there are so many problems, bugs and glitches that it is just ridiculous. People should return the game -like many of us have done already-. That is the only way 2K is going to hear us. When they get the complain from retailers, they will feel like they have to fix what it is broken...A beautiful but unfinished game
Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #55
Just started!

WHY ISNT ANYONE TALKING ABOUT THE FACT THAT PRIVATE TEAM UP STILL DOESNT WORK EITHER????? DONT YOU GUYS KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE ONLY PLAY TEAM UP AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #56
Rookie

When I was playing My Career, in year 1, I made the Allstar team and also the 3 point shootout. Unfortunately...not until that moment did I have a chance to even play the mode. Needless to say I shot terribly as its a completely different control scheme for some reason. Why not just let me shoot like normal? Or why not have this mode in practice somehow? Luckily I didn't make the dunk contest or I would've put up a 0.

Trying to play friends is a disaster...inviting to locker rooms, then party, then praying they somehow pop into the room with you. Whatever happened to the online lobbys from NBA 2k1, ( or any older sports game online) where you could click a friend and challenge him. Now i can't even see the record of my opponent, which I never care about but why does it have to be a secret?

It seems the better the "generation" of games, there is always an extra step in doing something so simple. Why? I love the game and haven't taken it out of the system in weeks, but man, its so frustrating when these things used to be so easy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »