Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
I will weigh in as one of the few who is happy with the product. As I dont care for my player, my team or any of those online modes my level of dissapointement is not in the same places. Im all about gameplay. And this game provides me the finest basketball gameplay ever. With the sliders I use I have almost no complaints with the gameplay.

I am dissappointed with the lack of local harddrive saves.And the various my gm bugs. But none of these have broken the excellent gameplay for me. Ive never played a 2k game that I didn't have to adjust sliders and this one is no different. So I've been able to find a great game that has made my next gen experience pretty wonderful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do we have any idea of when a patch will come out ?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

There's no denying the complaints are warranted, but I'm having an absolute blast playing this game. Having learned from last console launch, I knew there were going to be some problems/blatant omissions/issues with the first iteration. There pretty much always is. I think even 23 said, 'you're not going to get the house and the farm from the jump'.

I'm just enjoying it from a pure gameplay standpoint. It's taken me a couple of months to find the perfect slider set, but now that I have it, this game is off-the-charts. Whether it's the NBA Today or just a quick game, I can't get enough. It's honestly the best basketball video game I have ever played.

I feel bad for the guys that are into MyGM or MyPlayer, but hopefully this next title update fixes those issues.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #44
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleP
Do we have any idea of when a patch will come out ?
Approx 10-14 days from the 16th. But no hard date.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #45
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Buccaneer
Another thing I've found very frustrating:

their PR department is so slow to admit to any issues - a friend and I have wasted about 2 hours trying to play h2h games, and join the same park with 0 success

It would be much nicer if 2k actually gave us a list of issues and what ones are being addressed in the next patch, instead of us doing the equivalent of banging our head into a brick wall
This by far has been the most disappointing aspect of this launch to me. The PR department has been abysmal.

I can accept the fact that you're in over your head with the new technology. It happens. But to go underground and leave your loyal customers hanging in the wind is unacceptable.

To throw away all of the goodwill that you built up over the years is just bad business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #46
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1

The problem is clear, NBA 2K14 (next-gen) was rushed!!!

They tried too hard to get the game out by the release dates of PS4/ Xbox One, that they cut waaaay too many corners. They should of waited a few months before releasing the game to ensure that the game was solid and truly delivered a real "Next-Gen" experience.

As for me, I still play NBA 2K14 on current-gen..... Current-Gen NBA 2K is damn near perfect!!!

Last edited by KingofATL; 01-21-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #47
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Nice write up Jayson. These issues below are the MAIN reason I've only played a handful of games.

AI defenders overhelp, abandoning their man in situations where they should be staying home.
Shooting percentages are way too high; jump shots are too easy to make.
Too many guards are taking and making running floaters.
Too many post players are taking and making spinning baseline fadeaways.
Players' movement and dribbling animations remain marred by sliding and warping.
Defenders' hands regularly clip through the ball instead of knocking it loose.
The Point of Emphasis system is not an acceptable substitute for individual defensive assignments.
The court size feels too small when compared to the players' proportions and their movement speed.

IMO, 2k14 is the hot girl who keeps cheating on you, but keep taking her back cause she's a 10. Watching replays sickens me to the point I just start taking snap shots of the game because it's so good looking.
Whats funny is that these are all issues from 2k13. Even funnier is that 2k claimed to have fixed most of them. Lol, and some wondered why i skipped 2k this year.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #48
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Nice write up Jayson. These issues below are the MAIN reason I've only played a handful of games.

AI defenders overhelp, abandoning their man in situations where they should be staying home.
Shooting percentages are way too high; jump shots are too easy to make.
Too many guards are taking and making running floaters.
Too many post players are taking and making spinning baseline fadeaways.
Players' movement and dribbling animations remain marred by sliding and warping.
Defenders' hands regularly clip through the ball instead of knocking it loose.
The Point of Emphasis system is not an acceptable substitute for individual defensive assignments.
The court size feels too small when compared to the players' proportions and their movement speed.

IMO, 2k14 is the hot girl who keeps cheating on you, but keep taking her back cause she's a 10. Watching replays sickens me to the point I just start taking snap shots of the game because it's so good looking.
I generally agree though Im not sure about the last point. If you have ever watched big time basketball up close they make the court look a lot smaller with their size speed. If you want a larger court pan the camera back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »