Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #33
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
This game absolutely sucks this year, VC down your throat, online rosters and limited options - never again for me. I've blindly bought this game ever year since it came out for the Dreamcast, done - I'm out.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:45 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
I just want to remind everyone that we are on the 4TH PATCH on next gen and stuff still doesn't work. And still on the current gen they refuse to patch anything. 2k doesn't care about the customer base and Chis Manning (LD2K) can laugh at that comment all he wants like he has done in the forums, the proof is on our TV's. If you call 2k tech support about anything they blame it on your internet connection and act like they have never heard of a single bug with the game. DO YOU ALL EVEN TEST THESE GAMES BEFORE YOU SEND THEM OUT??
Old 01-21-2014, 03:10 AM   #35
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Hang on...I want to know what these re-tooled pick and roll mechanics and post game is?

They arent any different to 2k13, unless Im mistaken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 04:15 AM   #36
Just started!

Maybe the reason they are sucking us dry via VC transactions is because they are using that money to upgrade their ****ty servers for 2k15?

I mean... the amount of lag one has to endure while playing a ranked online head to head match is insane... Especially for us who live outside the US.

I have a 200 MB fiber connection and still suffer from horrendous lag and server issues.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus2480
Maybe the reason they are sucking us dry via VC transactions is because they are using that money to upgrade their ****ty servers for 2k15?

I mean... the amount of lag one has to endure while playing a ranked online head to head match is insane... Especially for us who live outside the US.

I have a 200 MB fiber connection and still suffer from horrendous lag and server issues.
They were selling huge amounts of expensive copies. I think this cover the expenses for a working server easily. VC is all about getting more and more money, year after year 2k gets greedier. And honestly I don't even think less customers for 2k15 would hurt 2k that much.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #38
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmasood
Great Article, That being said, The Bro who wrote this, touch on all aspects of Nxt Gen NBA2k14, mostly all the modes in current gen, @2k took out of NXT GEN, which doesn't make sence!!!!!!
1. Took out ONLINE ASSOCIATION MODE
2. TOOK OUT PRACTICE PLAY MODE, with NO EXCUSE.
3. IS in REFUSAL to put back the Original CREW, with no EXCUSE, bring modes in to resemble Crew;
4. Roster makers, is hurting cuz, @2k dont like they game to be tinker with, took real editing, cap, to play the game to our likeing , to ROSTERS, which is wrong.
5. VC is all over the game, is destroying the product that we LOVE.
6.ROSTERS tied to the SERVERS , which is a VERY BAD IDEAL,
7.ALL THE BUGS, in the game, GAME FREEZES, MyCarreerMODE, MYGM MODE, ONLY @2k care about is MYTEAM, cuz it is pouring in MONEY VC
The MODES they took out, with no real excuse, is unecceptable.
8. SOME of Us or all of us, had to re install the game, PURE NONSENCE
9. THE PARKS, is a joke, half of the time, your waiting almost 30 minutes, to play, trying to replace CREW, GOOD CONCEPT, NO real PLANNING to make the mode correctly
10.Like the O'JAYS would say, "GIVE THE PPL WANT THEY WANT' @2K
11. Put everything back in the GAME for #NBA2K15 FOR THE COMMUNITY.
12. and LAST, You call this game SIMULATION, but it is turning to a RPG game that is SCRIPT, to BLEED MONEY out of the COMMUNITY for VC, its all NEGATIVE, cuz #NBA LIVE can't COMPETE, BUT ONE DAY, THEY WILL

BIG KEV, follow on TWITTER, @Kevmasood2k ADVOCATE for the #SIMNATION
will not give up, til game is SATISFACTORY to the COMMUNITY, and the #SIM COMMUNITY
They also took CPU vs CPU out of GM Mode. A BIG No No in my book.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #39
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Damn that was a hell of an article, Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #40
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Damn that was a hell of an article, Thanks for the heads up.
True, although Im not sure why he claimed the post game and pick and role were re-done. They werent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »