Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Lax 33
This doesn't take into account all the times i couldn't play because their server was down. Or the frustration and fear that my season may corrupt and i lose everything.
I think this aspect is worth echoing. Aside from functionality issues, the fear of functionality issues is also a huge bummer when it comes to required internet connections. Having an offline mode connected online causes me to create a lot of mental separation (and thus, become less immersed) in my gaming so if my file happens to become corrupted, or a given game doesn't save because of a sudden small internet hiccup, I won't feel as frustrated with losing my work.

The consequence of this is I feel less moved to play the game in the first place, as a part of me thinks, "Meh, what's the point, there's a good chance I'm just going to lose my progress anyhow."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm wondering if 2K is too deep in their direction to make a significant change. Or I'm wondering if they're in panic mode right now, trying to find a way to adequately back-pedal and restructure their off-court product back toward something that resembles real life, fun, and customization, all in time for 2K15's October release.
lol, they are way deep in something of their own making-

will be interesting to see what they do.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

article fails to mention how My Career got saturated with VC too, but the point was already well made
Old 01-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #28
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

OVR: 2

Great Article, That being said, The Bro who wrote this, touch on all aspects of Nxt Gen NBA2k14, mostly all the modes in current gen, @2k took out of NXT GEN, which doesn't make sence!!!!!!
1. Took out ONLINE ASSOCIATION MODE
2. TOOK OUT PRACTICE PLAY MODE, with NO EXCUSE.
3. IS in REFUSAL to put back the Original CREW, with no EXCUSE, bring modes in to resemble Crew;
4. Roster makers, is hurting cuz, @2k dont like they game to be tinker with, took real editing, cap, to play the game to our likeing , to ROSTERS, which is wrong.
5. VC is all over the game, is destroying the product that we LOVE.
6.ROSTERS tied to the SERVERS , which is a VERY BAD IDEAL,
7.ALL THE BUGS, in the game, GAME FREEZES, MyCarreerMODE, MYGM MODE, ONLY @2k care about is MYTEAM, cuz it is pouring in MONEY VC
The MODES they took out, with no real excuse, is unecceptable.
8. SOME of Us or all of us, had to re install the game, PURE NONSENCE
9. THE PARKS, is a joke, half of the time, your waiting almost 30 minutes, to play, trying to replace CREW, GOOD CONCEPT, NO real PLANNING to make the mode correctly
10.Like the O'JAYS would say, "GIVE THE PPL WANT THEY WANT' @2K
11. Put everything back in the GAME for #NBA2K15 FOR THE COMMUNITY.
12. and LAST, You call this game SIMULATION, but it is turning to a RPG game that is SCRIPT, to BLEED MONEY out of the COMMUNITY for VC, its all NEGATIVE, cuz #NBA LIVE can't COMPETE, BUT ONE DAY, THEY WILL

BIG KEV, follow on TWITTER, @Kevmasood2k ADVOCATE for the #SIMNATION
will not give up, til game is SATISFACTORY to the COMMUNITY, and the #SIM COMMUNITY

Last edited by kevmasood; 01-20-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: too add more
Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #29
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
article fails to mention how My Career got saturated with VC too, but the point was already well made
Usually, developers that make games that are steeped in this many microtransactions have the DECENCY to make them Free-To-Play.....
Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Kudos for stepping up and writing an article that points out just how horribly not-fun this game is for most people.

I keep trying to get into my MyGM save, but I'm a month into the first season and honestly I just have no desire at all to continue playing. I have had such a bad experience with this game and with 2K's handling of everything that I just don't see any way at all to immerse myself into the experience the way I do with sports games each year.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 11
I echo others here when I say FANTASTIC write up. But sadly, as it has been for the past 5 years, this will just fall on death ears in the VC/2K offices. Despite the myriad of problems, the game will continue to sell and VC will have no incentive to address the issues we've been screaming about for years now.

Because of a number of the issues mentioned, I skipped 2K13 and was on the verge of doing the same for '14 until I GameFly'd the current gen version and saw how much more polished it was than any other game of the series since 2K8. By this I figured they were finally on the path to improvement, and given that I was already in the process of getting a PS4, I thought that the next gen version could do no wrong - potentially having even more improved gameplay quality at best, having on-par-with-current gen gameplay quality at worst.

Instead, upon getting the next gen version, I was treated to perhaps my biggest personal disappointment in gaming this side of GTA4 (oddly enough, another Take Two product). And for the cherry on top, I later discover that the SP has been tied to online connectivity, bringing along with it every server issue conceivable. Brilliant VC, ....just brilliant.

Suffice to say, this will be my last NBA 2K purchase until some significantly convincing improvement has taken place with this franchise. Until then, I'll be watching out for worthy (and hopeful) competition to tide me over for my bball fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
I wonder what a reviewer would give the game now aware that VC was going to be incorporated into every facet of the game. I find it to be a joke that NBA 2k14 has taken the ball with micro transactions and completely killed the opening next gen release. I was a completely satisfied customer since they brought me back to an NBA game in 2K11, it helps that they had classic teams, that's what got me. I enjoyed them for the last 4 years only to be let down by the current PS4 release. Until they patch in Association mode, create a player, create a shoe and local HD saves, i won't be a satisfied customer. REMOVE VC in MYGM and create a shoe. We got these features for free, use VC to offer us more classic teams and for MyPlayer. In this current state this game is a slap in the face
I've been seeing late-comer reviews for 2K14 recently on N4G, and believe it or not, despite the highly publicized issues and complaints, the game is still receiving scores in the range of 4 to 4.5/5. It may be safe to assume that these "reviewers" are casual gamers who are more into twitch shooters and the like, and may just be piggy backing off launch day reviews without giving the game a thorough assessment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »