Home

65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

The strongest aspect of NBA 2K14, next to its graphics, is its gameplay. While the jump from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4 may not have improved the series' on-court behavior as significantly as fans were anticipating, few impactful flaws in the gameplay exist in the current product. The brilliant post-up system contains more moves than a bowl of Jell-O. The retooled pick-and-roll mechanic offers so many different possibilities and variable outcomes that you can literally run it every trip down the court and never become bored.

Just when you try to put the gameplay to use in the modes, that's where the wheels have come off...

Read More - 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 65 Days Later: The State of NBA 2K14

I'm sorry, but LOL at the dudes clipping in the image there. That's hilarious.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
But but Muh awesome 2ksports! Or Sport really. Funny once the shiny wears off and people realize 2k sports titles are genuinely as buggy and broken if not more than EA's sports games. That NBA2k is in this state with how much money is poured into it (since they aren't working on any other sports titles at all) and how popular it's been the last few years, is unforgivable.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
I think this article did a great job summing up NBA2K14. This was my most anticipated game to play on the PS4 and has unquestionably been the most disappointing.

I mainly play MyTeam and it has been super frustrating to say the least. Players pausing the game before tip off, and them waiting for me to quit. I'm sure they still get the 4500 points but I don't select quit. I wait for that timer to run out and select continue. I've done it as much as 5 times for a single match before they've either played the game or gave up on me and quit themselves. Sucks waiting and bull****ing for 10-15 minutes but it puts a smile on my face that I disrupted their plans
Old 01-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I returned my copy defective and went back to my NBA 2K13 Association. I'm wondering if NBA 2K13 will turn into NFL 2K5 or College Hoops 2K8 for me, since I do not plan to purchase another 2K basketball game until some sanity and polish returns to the series.

Also, I plan to give NBA Live a try next year if 2K insists on continuing down the single player hating, microtransactions loving road it's on now. It unacceptable to ruin such a great franchise with horrible server connectivity mandates across single player modes and then take it a step further by not even messing up the game properly with stable servers, so no one notices until server support stops and their disc is a coaster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Great write up
Old 01-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #7
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Nice write up Jayson. These issues below are the MAIN reason I've only played a handful of games.

AI defenders overhelp, abandoning their man in situations where they should be staying home.
Shooting percentages are way too high; jump shots are too easy to make.
Too many guards are taking and making running floaters.
Too many post players are taking and making spinning baseline fadeaways.
Players' movement and dribbling animations remain marred by sliding and warping.
Defenders' hands regularly clip through the ball instead of knocking it loose.
The Point of Emphasis system is not an acceptable substitute for individual defensive assignments.
The court size feels too small when compared to the players' proportions and their movement speed.

IMO, 2k14 is the hot girl who keeps cheating on you, but keep taking her back cause she's a 10. Watching replays sickens me to the point I just start taking snap shots of the game because it's so good looking.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 33
If 2K just released this game with Association Mode as it was everything would of been fine. Instead they tried to do far too much too soon.
Forza has received critisism for having too few Cars/Tracks & Madden for not making any great visual leaps, but at least these games do what that say on the box. Namely they work. NBA 2K14 is like a Ferrari without an engine. It looks great but it doesn't actually do anything worthwhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »