Home

R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices Too within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Seems a bit presumptive when we haven't even seen a screenshot...
I hear you.. i just didn't see any video game developers or publishers connected to this game, just MLB Advanced media... ad to me if that's what your touting is behind this game then i am bit worried it may not be on par with what purists may be expecting... FOr all intents and purposes those guys at advanced media work on stats and the MLB website.. so you can see why I'm a bit baffled at this..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Everyone that's speculating it's going to be arcade....where are you getting this info from??? No one knows anything about this game so stop pretending you have inside info on it. Another company decided to make a baseball game which we knew would eventually happen. There is no reason to think it won't be a simulation type game...that's what the market needs.
It definitely needs it, the excitement this announcement has caused is proof of that, but the arcade conjecture is reasonable.

Given that this game is to be released in Spring 2014, a sim engine with lifelike players and anims that would even come close to 2Ks efforts, let alone the Show, would still need to have been in development for a couple of years beforehand. Personally, I find that unlikely considering how under the radar this title has been.

Add the phone platforms and that makes you think of something that has relatively simple mechanics. The console titles and the phone versions are probably going to be pretty similar in order for the latter to be cost effective.

I think the best hope is for something like MLB Power Pros 2014, but it's unlikely to have anything to do with Konami. If it was, then they'd have called it exactly that. "Power Pros" still has a great reputation as a title.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #67
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm ridiculously excited for MLB 14 The Show and I'll probably get this as well just to play something different. I've been playing The Show since 2005 lol before it even had The Show in the title.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Announced For Current and Next-Gen Consoles, Mobile Devices To

Bryan Wiedey from pastapadre is saying it's most likely an arcadey type game:
Quote:
R.B.I. Baseball 14 will be an arcade game, not a sim competitor to The Show.
He recants that statement so I'm hoping he's just speculating and doesn't have any insider info.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
I'm ridiculously excited for MLB 14 The Show and I'll probably get this as well just to play something different. I've been playing The Show since 2005 lol before it even had The Show in the title.
Haven't heard much about the show either and it's mid January.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4
the cartoon coming soon image is making me go no but I always wait until I actually play a game before judge but the show is way ahead of mlb 2k and this will have to do something I want like 3vs3 or 9vs9 team play for me to make another purchase other than the show 14
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Yea but when is the last time they realeased a game? If we're speculating based on a game from 15 or 20 years ago then I think we should stop speculating.
Last RBI/Famista game was a few years ago for the 3DS in Japan. That game was an arcade game. RBI from "15 or 20 years ago" was an arcade style game. I think it's entirely reasonable to speculate that it will be an arcade style game, especially when the official Facebook page says: R.B.I. Baseball returns Spring 2014.

Like I say, I would be very surprised if they bothered to transform the game into a sim style game, and in fact I'm not so sure I'd want that because it would sap a lot of the fun from the game.

I got a chance to play Famista on the Nintendo DS a few years ago, the 2009 version I believe, and it was great. The AI could actually beat you on the hardest difficulty, and they had a season mode that tracked basic stats. I even managed to connect online and play against people in Japan from here in North America. The cool thing about that is that they were all playing small ball! Lol.

I'm not getting my hopes up, because my gut feeling tells me they are going the nostalgia route, which would probably mean old school RBI with play now games and online versus thrown in. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #72
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

It's probably going to be an HD remix like Tecmobowl was.....I'd actually welcome this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »