Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Please fix the following legacy issues:

- add sliders to MyCareer

its time, it has to happen, I cannot buy another release with no way to customize the gameplay and crazy shooting percentage in this mode. for all of your LOYAL customers collective sanity, please add sliders! at least this could be done for offline mycareer right?

- allow multiple saves for mycareer, this way we can still play if a file gets corrupted or frozen. mycareer has NEVER not had bugs, we need protection so we can actually still play the game.

- add setting to turn OFF trades in Mycareer, and option to veto trades if you leave them on. The trade AI will never be realistic, and its a real turn off to play in a fantasy league that does not resemble the NBA in any way after putting so much time and effort into a career.

- allow run plays automatically to work in myCareer out of the box, this always need sto be patched each year.

- display FULL PLAY VISION in online teamup mode. It only shows lite, no matter what you set your settings to. this is very frustrating.

gameplay wishes:

- tone down AI passing to bigs in the paint if they are "covered". There is no way to really stop some of these passes to a big that has his defender right next to him. the big to big passes are too often too, not all NBA bigs have the vision of Webber and Divac. This leads to a crazy amount of points in the paint.

- bring back the midrange game. AI is WAY to insistant on driving to the hop. Check the advanced stats, most perimeter players to not even attempt over a handful of drives a game. In 2k, guards who never penetrate are constantly forcing their way into the paint. And if their first 2 moves do not work, maybe they should chill and share the ball instead of trying 7 more moves to try to get to the paint. Perimeter players need more jabs and step backs for mid range jumpers than just all 3's and penetration.

- sim setting. please correct this to actually provide a realistic shooting percentage for the AI and overall gameplay. if you want boosted 3's and easy dunks/layups the user can play on default, but sim should be what it stands for. on sim every team shoots 60-70%, and the same from 3. a game over 50% should be on fire, not the usual every single game occurance. makes catching on fire less enjoyable since everyone is always on fire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Being able to pass and not wait until the animation is over,delaying the pass for about 2 seconds.

Rebounding/player pick up ball issues...

Getting rewarded for actually playing solid bball and not exploiting game mechanics
Old 01-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #107
Pro

They will fix the pause timer glitch in MYTEAM
Jerseys in mycareer
Pretty much what everyone else has already mentioned.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 01-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

In lieu of the current Virtual Currency structure of NBA 2K (with paltry adidas brand gear being one of the even semi-interesting "extras" one can purchase), I still subscribe to NFL 2K5's Crib setup and point allocations.

For those unfamiliar, NFL 2K5 did not create a fake currency that invaded every mode and left gamers scrounging for scraps just to buy the right to negotiate with their own players in franchise mode. Instead, the points earned for one's Crib were mere extras handed out in a healthy ratio that allowed gamers to slowly earn and unlock fun extras like mini-games, video clips, or a bevy of furniture for one's own virtual house.

The keys to NFL 2K5's implementation were twofold: 1) Gamers weren't required to use the Crib for anything and thus didn't have to worry about earning extra points if they did not want to and 2) The ratio with which points were delivered was quite fair and liberal, striking a wonderful balance between keeping the carrot in front of the gamer and not frustrating said gamer into grinding for points just to unlock a new ottoman.

I understand a Crib wouldn't be every gamer's cup of tea, but that's why I feel it should be an unrequired extra. I just felt it created a fun sense of reward, and I like to imagine customizing a house just like the one below but with a retro Joe Dumars jersey on the wall and classic NBA clips being unlocked to play on my flatscreen TV.

I also like the idea of a semi-elaborate trophy room within one's Crib, as can be seen in the video below. In particular, I think 1) It'd be nice to see a visual representation of all the real trophies we've earned (along with dates they were accomplished and with whom and 2) I loved NFL 2K5's idea of creating a trophy challenge for one player from every single NFL team. This developed a ton of random replay value and encouraged gamers to be versatile in the teams they used.

What the Crib looked like in NFL 2K5:

I feel this setup would beat the heck out of 2K14's current grinding-for-gold principle.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 12

If you're subscribed to Coach Nick's BBALLBREAKDOWN channel, you'll notice that recently he's been interviewing several NBA players, asking them about their coaching habits. In regards to their footwork when shooting, he always asks them if they use the 1-2 or the hop. 2K should implement these techniques so that it's easier to get separation from defenders when shooting.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #110
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

I'd like it if teams automatically wore their alternate jerseys on the correct night in NBA Today, MyCareer, and Association. For example, the Detroit Pistons are wearing their Mo-Town alternates on Sunday games this season. It'd be nice to see that automatically reflected in MyCareer, so there'd be an extra touch of freshness and authenticity of your team happens to stop in Auburn Hills on a Sunday.

Of course, I'd also still want to maintain the ability to manually change jerseys for both the user and computer.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #111
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Regarding Loose Ball Situations

1. More frantic loose ball pursuit: Instead of jogging lifelessly and unable to catch up to a slow bouncing ball plopping about into the backcourt, I believe players should be in attack mode, lower to the ground, sprinting and ready to dive at any moment:

Spoiler

2. More realistic interaction between players fighting or pursuing loose balls: This would reference diving for a loose ball together, tie-ups, scrums, and tussling side by side when in pursuit.

3. Many more "save" animations when ball is at risk of going out of bounds:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(take note of crowd audio as well)

4. Fan or Bench Reactions to Incoming Player: Below is an extreme example, but it'd still be a significant step forward to implement people sitting on the sidelines who could at least somewhat acknowledge that a player may be diving right for them.

Spoiler

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-23-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #112
MVP

I'm pretty sure most people have addressed the major issues with this game so I'll just make a suggestion I would like personally. I think in mycareer we should be able to decide whether or not we want that teammate grade box in the upper right corner. I don't care what my grade is but it still annoys me to see it drop when I feel like I did nothing wrong or I played pretty good defense. Honestly if I wanted to see my stat line I would check the game stats. That's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »