Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #97
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

I'd like it to just be playable. Is that too much to ask 2K?
Old 01-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #98
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Inclusion of O2 Arena to accurately simulate NBA teams' trips to London at mid-season:

Add London trip to schedule for Season, NBA Today, and Association mode (Nets plays Hawks in London this coming Thursday).
Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #99
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Best idea yet = offline modes should not be dependent on Internet connection

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 01-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #100
Rookie

A69Scorelord's Arena

CREATE A PLAYER.. PLEASE!

We shouldn't have to ask for that in a sports game!..

C'mon 2k its 2014!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #101
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Don't have the next-gen version so I can't really add to the discussion. Just that people have good wish lists as usual.

I just want to know when are we going to get the actual Crew Mode from 2K10-2K11? Doesn't make any sense it's been gone this long.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #102
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Crew in myteam style playoffs road to playoffs n such
Old 01-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #103
Rookie

It's a frustrating game but I still like to play it. My beef with sports video games is that the player AI teammates don't do what they should be doing, or what they are expected to do. I really enjoy playing MT, but when Michael Jordan is on a fast break and gets caught from behind, when EVERY loose ball, and I mean EVERY, is somehow recovered by the cpu team........things like that are sooo frustrating! That being said:

Gameplay:
- Please improve the footwork: Pressing steal button 1 time shouldn't have players with quickness & footspeed qualities, falling and leaning to the point where they can't recover to play defense. The same thing with jumping. Realistically, we all see what these guys do on tv, why is there a lack of fluidity when changing directions.
- Improve team mate AI, spacing, intuition, rotating defense.
- Directional passing needs to be improved, BIG TIME!
- Guards should be able to easily get by big men. Why would D. Rose have a tough time going around anyone thats not a G or SG?
- Take out long, annoying animations.
- Team mates help for no reason and leave people open for 3. Unless the AI can account for this and rotate the next closest person over.
- Players with high layup and offensive awareness ratings should be able to automatically protect the ball from a defender if he is about to get blocked instead of just going up with the same lay up and getting rejected.
In approximately 10 - 20 games I have maybe 2 "and 1's", with guys like Rose, Jordan, J Erving, K Leonard, P George.....going to the basket. Why??
I've seen the ball do some weird things on the rim, just to "avoid" a 3-point play.
Again, I like the game, but it could be more realistic. Just imho.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Classic Teams

1. Add More Classics: The apparent ease with which European teams were added to 2K14 (with accurate jerseys and court art) seems to suggest the budget and/or graphical abilities would allow for some fresh classic squads to make an appearance. Ideally, I think it'd be cool for each franchise to have at least one classic team.

Further, if acquiring naming rights is an issue, I believe there's a bevy of recent classic teams that gamers would still love added to their NBA 2K product (in some cases made up largely of current players or players already appearing on other classic teams). For instance, the 2007 Warriors could have up to 8 players (if not more) already present in NBA 2K14. All that'd truly be needed would be their authentic '07 court. Moreover, the '00 Raptors would have 6-8 players already included in 2K (depending upon whether Tracy McGrady and Dee Brown were still present). The '00 Lakers could have 9 players already included.

2. Bring Back Era Filters: This was such an outstanding artistic addition by 2K (in NBA 2K12) and it's a shame to see it so quickly abandoned. Having this option in Quick Games (or otherwise) would be incredible.

3. Introduce Era-Specific Rule Settings: Further adding to classic team immersion might be the addition of optional rule pre-sets that'd allow gamers to match the era of the teams with which they're controlling. 1960's ball would feature no three-point line. 1980's may allow a little more physicality. 1990's would feature Illegal Defense (pre-Defensive 3 Seconds).

4. Shattered Backboards: Limited only to those with the signature skill (Shaquille O'Neal, Darryl Dawkins, Chris Morris) while playing in an era's arena that'd allow it (1993 and earlier), how much fun and incentive would users have to play with these players and teams in hopes of achieving ultimate authentic rim destruction?

5. Authentic or Editable Accessory Colors

6. The Ability to Add Classic Accessories Even if No Longer Allowed by the Current NBA: The biggest example of this suggestion would be user's current inability to apply Ben Wallace's upper bicep bands that he wore in the early to mid-2000's.

7. Create-a-Team with Court Editor and Access to Full Range of Classic Logos: I believe a way to really open up one's game and create legendary replay value would be to implement a deep create-a-team system with full editing abilities. This way, even if the '07 Warriors were not included, gamers may have access to their logo and the ability to create their own authentic court (with the option of wearing classic Warriors jerseys (or any team's) as their create-a-team's primaries).

8. Retro Warmup Gear

9. Non-breakaway rims for Teams Prior to 1981

10. Era-specific Dunk Packages (ex: 1960's): Players dunked much differently in previous eras. Modern slams in a 1960's Celtics/Lakers showdown serves as a solid immersion killer. More "soft" slams or drop-ins, no rims breaking away, and no hanging would aide in earning a more realistic feel.

11. Introduce Ability to Edit Coach Name and Appearance

12. Provide Classic Alternate Jerseys Where Applicable: Prime example - the black pinstripes of the '98 Chicago Bulls.

13. More Classic Player Mannerisms: Dikembe Mutombo's finger wave, Shawn Kemp's post-dunk theatrics, Patrick Ewing inciting the home crowd with both arms raised, Gary Payton chewing gum, Magic Johnson no-looking and smiling, Shaquille O'Neal stomp-walking, etc.

14. Introduce Classic Team/Player Challenges: Create some enjoyable incentive to using classic teams by offering up an intermediate challenge and fun reward. Complete a Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp alley-oop connection? Unlock a pair of Gary's Nike Gloves. Beat the 90's Bulls with the '94 Knicks, unlock some custom Anthony Mason hair designs. Drop 63 with MJ on the '86 Celts, unlock a legit Rock-the-Cradle dunk package.

Of course, as is key when creating unlockable scenarios, allow for multiple non-paying ways of unlocking new things. If a gamer wishes to drop 63 on rookie difficulty on 12 minutes quarters? Okay. And if 2K happened to release codes that gave gamers the option of just by-passing the challenges and unlocking shoes, moves, or jerseys in that fashion, all the better.

For perspective, I've spent years trying to unlock the 1980 Soviet Team on NHL 2K8. I just couldn't complete the given challenge. However, my life saver ended up being the existence of a profile name that'd unlock all teams automatically. Much better than just not having access to a portion of the game because a challenge was too rough.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-14-2014 at 05:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »