Home

NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #65
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99

Yeah, the late game AI issues happen often. I don't know how it's possible to own this game for longer than two weeks and not see it. I've seen it at least three times in the past four days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #66
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

See King B, that's what I'd think to. I know that it's an issue, but I've yet to see it thankfully.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #67
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
See King B, that's what I'd think to. I know that it's an issue, but I've yet to see it thankfully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Yeah, the late game AI issues happen often. I don't know how it's possible to own this game for longer than two weeks and not see it. I've seen it at least three times in the past four days.
Its definitely there and even if you haven't seen it, its something that has been there since the last iteration
Old 01-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've got a feeling that the late game AI logic is pretty prevelant... it's just a matter of whether or not the scenario plays out... i.e., the CPU has the ball at the end of the game and is trailing.

One thing that I can produce on queue is to trap the CPU ballhandler near the sideline which results in a 24 sec violaton. Another is to cut the CPU off on a drive in the lane, then bring the double team - 3 sec violation.

I'm not blind, the game has warts in fact at times it can be downright ugly... but at it's foundation it does a lot of things right.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #69
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

See, it's funny that you mention the baseline traps, because I was trapping Lamarcus Aldridge on the baseline, using the baseline as my 3rd defender like you're taught to do, and he continually threw it either out to the wing, or would attempt to throw it cross court to the corner. I remembered you mentioning that when it happened, so I specifically paid attention to it.

The double team in the lane, I've saw 4-5 times, but normally they'll get the pass off well before it really engages in a double team.

I may have a few videos on facebook of LA throwing the ball out of those traps, I don't know if i grabbed any or not.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #70
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
I've got a feeling that the late game AI logic is pretty prevelant... it's just a matter of whether or not the scenario plays out... i.e., the CPU has the ball at the end of the game and is trailing

Yeah, the only people I've heard of not seeing this issue whatsoever is some of the guys on here...I know the few of my friends who have this game have all seen it...some fortunate souls on here...
Old 01-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You better look at who deleted your post before you start calling me out. I'm not the one who deleted your specific post.

The game was reviewed poorly based on the initial release. The game that we enjoy today is not the same as the one that was initially released. If you think it sucks, point blank period, that's fine. If you think it's a 3.5 out of 10, no worries, you have an opinion.

Looking at your comment that was deleted, it looks like you need to elaborate instead of coming in and trashing a game without a justification.

If you want to call me out, feel free to PM me. You've voiced your displeasure with the game, and have a basis for your judgement, so now others can take your reasoning's to heart if they so wish.
How do I PM you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #72
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Check the top of the forums, you should have a notification of a new PM. Click on someone's username, and in the drop down there is a link to private message.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »