Home

NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #49
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA Live 14 Currently on Sale For $39.99

Stop with the "Its trash" and "couldn't pay me to play it" comments now.

If you think its trash then fine, but just saying that and hitting post is simply unconstructive and pretty much trolling.

If you want to talk about why you hate the game in a constructive manner, then by all mean have at it. But if all you can say is "this game's trash" leave it out or you'll be gone.

Also, this isn't the impressions thread. If you want to know more about what people think about the game, check that out. Actually there are 2 off them.

Thank you.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman53
I really want to get this game. Mostly because the servers will actually work. But the poop graphics and the terrible animations are really bugging me and I am still not sure if the $40 is still justified for this game unfortunately. I might think about it. Also I like the features as well :/
It depends how you choose to look at it. I've had it from the beginning and therefore am very impressed with how much they have improved the game in a short time. For example I would have given the animations in this game a 2/10 and now it would be a 5/10. I'm liking where things are going...
Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman53
I really want to get this game. Mostly because the servers will actually work. But the poop graphics and the terrible animations are really bugging me and I am still not sure if the $40 is still justified for this game unfortunately. I might think about it. Also I like the features as well :/
The servers aren't much better with Live 14 than they are for 2K14.

It takes 10-15 minutes just to boot the game up and get into a game mode. The problem is that the game will hang on the "Checking Roster Data" screen.

It's common to get randomly disconnected from the EA Servers for no reason. In head to head mode, that means you lose the game. In Ultimate Team, you lose the game, and you lose your player contracts.

Even when the servers are stable, the online play has so much input lag that it's unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The servers aren't much better with Live 14 than they are for 2K14.

It takes 10-15 minutes just to boot the game up and get into a game mode. The problem is that the game will hang on the "Checking Roster Data" screen.

It's common to get randomly disconnected from the EA Servers for no reason. In head to head mode, that means you lose the game. In Ultimate Team, you lose the game, and you lose your player contracts.

Even when the servers are stable, the online play has so much input lag that it's unplayable.

This right here gets me every time. I was just about to go head and jump into the deep end and buy it since the price drop, but, man this sounds awful considering I'm mostly a online head to head guy...
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #53
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I think there's a lot of good stuff in there, but it needs another year of development. If you're frustrated with a competing product, it's a good way to get familiar with an up-and-coming option.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It doesnt' look like you've posted in this thread before. The comments that were deleted still show as deleted. You're entitled to your opinion. I'm a basketball fan. Not a Live Fan, and this game is well worth retail price to me. If it's not worth it to you, that's fine, but the trolling comments won't be tolerated.
So based on your comment are you saying that because you think that the game is worth $59.99 and I don't think the game is worth $14.99 then I'm trolling. I've played the demo and it was pretty bad. The game was also universally reviewed as bad. The produce even issue an apology behind a we'll do better since the game was bad and my comment get deleted because I won't pay full price for a game that isn't worth full price. C'mon Man, you're reaching by placing my comment in the trolling category. The game sucks, point blank period. I'm a fan of basketball too and this is a horrible representation of a NBA style video game basketball. It's not worth $49.99 and anyone looking to give it a chance should wait and get the best deal that they can for a game that is about a 3.5 out of 10.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #55
Rookie

nron's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian813
So based on your comment are you saying that because you think that the game is worth $59.99 and I don't think the game is worth $14.99 then I'm trolling. I've played the demo and it was pretty bad. The game was also universally reviewed as bad. The produce even issue an apology behind a we'll do better since the game was bad and my comment get deleted because I won't pay full price for a game that isn't worth full price. C'mon Man, you're reaching by placing my comment in the trolling category. The game sucks, point blank period. I'm a fan of basketball too and this is a horrible representation of a NBA style video game basketball. It's not worth $49.99 and anyone looking to give it a chance should wait and get the best deal that they can for a game that is about a 3.5 out of 10.
It's about spreading misinformation to people. The game was given a bad review based on the gameplay at the time. It's changed dramatically since then and I also believe it is well worth the $59.99 price. If you haven't played since launch, I suggest you do because it's a different game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #56
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian813
You better look at who deleted your post before you start calling me out. I'm not the one who deleted your specific post.

The game was reviewed poorly based on the initial release. The game that we enjoy today is not the same as the one that was initially released. If you think it sucks, point blank period, that's fine. If you think it's a 3.5 out of 10, no worries, you have an opinion.

Looking at your comment that was deleted, it looks like you need to elaborate instead of coming in and trashing a game without a justification.

If you want to call me out, feel free to PM me. You've voiced your displeasure with the game, and have a basis for your judgement, so now others can take your reasoning's to heart if they so wish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »