Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
So you HAVE had the blue screen on other PS4 games too, but it just stared happening in LIVE? That is strange. I will definitely pass it on to dev. Might help to have your PSN ID, so they can look into your's specifically.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it happened on NBA 2K as well (after patch 3 for that game though it is fine now, touch wood).

I never had it in Live. Now, it happens every single time when "connecting to the EA servers" it crashes. Thanks for you reply. I am not in any way angry with EA. It seems to be happening to a lot of people in Fifa and 2K, so it seems a sony thing. What I am angry about that is when I contact sony, they basically throw it back it back on your game and say it's nothing to do with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #66
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH-O_7ScUq0
Old 12-22-2013, 02:42 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
So you HAVE had the blue screen on other PS4 games too, but it just stared happening in LIVE? That is strange. I will definitely pass it on to dev. Might help to have your PSN ID, so they can look into your's specifically.

Thanks for the feedback.
AJ,

Please remind the team of the issues we are still having with lag in the online H2H matches. I have yet to play a smooth game online.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
AJ,

Please remind the team of the issues we are still having with lag in the online H2H matches. I have yet to play a smooth game online.
Played my first game online and it ran smooth on the xbox one.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback.
Is the team looking into the
computer not calling timeouts?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited by gmac0322; 12-22-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Just picked up a copy and it does play a good game of bball. Does anyone play on xbox one?

yeah add me NimaAkaJoJo
Old 12-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #71
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback.
EA_AJ, thanks for taking to time to come on the forums and answering questions. Is there any chance of your team looking at the CPU timeouts (or lack of using TO's) and fouls?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #72
Rookie

PlatanoGames Network's Arena

Thumbs up Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4

Hey I joined to vouch that this patch Version 1.03 did indeed change ALOT! I don't expect most to notice some of the changes if they didnt purchase the game like me and other fans. EA didn't mention all the changes because it'll make them look bad. Even on the PS4 the update history saids "Minor Bug Fixes". If someone purchases the game today they would never know the SEVERE faults of the launch build or demo (Which needs a patch ASAP). I only noticed one lil new glitch with defenders feet when in front of ball carrier sometimes, maybe it only occurs on cpu vs cpu.

After EXTENSIVE time with the launch build and this latest version the facts are almost obvious! EA did not want to delay the game again. They probably told the team to prepare a basic gold compressed copy for launch that will be optimized as time passes (Battlefield 4 anyone?). Have the Live season system running, make sure its not broken, put in a few basic animations that are finished to have the game running. This is evident as the game had only a few different animations for different tasks, dunks, shots, etc. Even the cheerleaders would repeat the same routine in every game and arena. After this patch I've noticed countless tweaks and additions. I think THIS would have been the REAL launch patch had the game been finished on time! Which would make a another big update next month realistic! Its almost like Ignite is going to truly be optimized these next few weeks and represent what EA has been boasting (I really hope so). Maybe even Madden & Fifa will improve drastically soon!

During the first few minutes of Live 14's new patch I noticed the game flowed different and had dozens of new animations! These include block attempts, lay ups, dunks, steals, the way the players move around the court to get open and set up a play! Turbo has been tweaked, holding it down is even more unwise now as it'll waste super fast! Its better to time your burst at the right time n bust out! The defense has been improved and it is harder to attack the post, before it was almost automatic. CPU offense rotates the ball better to the open player for a shot! I haven't tried rising star again since patch but I hope this means my player will have some help now and not zombies for teammates lol. Mid range shooting is a factor now! Less blocks! The crowd is reacting much more polished now. Going to instant replay and looking at how they react is fun lol. I even saw new presentation touches to the logos and the way they present them during halftime and post game show. The cheerleaders finally do different routines. Commentary is much improved now, before they would have these awkward long pauses in the middle of their sentence smh lol. Probably my favorite touch happens on the court and is almost hard to see, before players would barely acknowledge each others presence or performance. Now they have great head and eye tracking, in user replay you could see the players rolling their eyes around the court, looking at who they are covering, then back at ball! I even saw Durant smile at another player before getting serious again and focusing on ball, midplay! There was one situation where it looked like someone was disappointed in themselves that their pass went out of bounds! I made a vid of this that i'll upload later today! He put his head down and rolled his eyes, then took a sigh breath before continuing to play. I'm stoked to see whats next for Live 14 and whats in store for Live 15 now that they are back in the market and have shoulders to stand on! A lot of people don't understand this games development period. The game didn't have a 4 year dev period. A lot of that time was planning and they even switched dev teams during that time. Now that the first game is out and can be built off, I expect NBA Live to get better every year now going forward! It takes years to build a proprietary engine, Ignite, then its easy to poop out great new features, sequels and titles faster lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »