Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update Details, Available Now For Both Xbox One and PS4

Played my first game after the patch. Wiz vs the Sixer's. The game definitely flowed better. Ai blocks are better but I still had 9 blocks with Gortat. The comp had 3. Noticed a difference but getting there. Pts in the paint by the comp is still a problem. 50 for me and 70 for the comp. Keep up the good work. Game is getting better and better.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
Man, yall smoking some good stuff or what? To me, the game is still bad. Has it improved, YES! But it's game even decent? NO

So sad hasn't been good Basketball game since NBA Live 2005 (YES INCLUDING 2K!). We've gone a whole generation with no good basketball games, closest was NBA Live 10 and NBA 2K11 but those games were okay but still far from the great games we played during PS2/XBOX/GC/DC days and PS1/N64 days. You Football fans are crying theres no competition, well AT LEAST MADDEN IS DECENT GAME! We Basketball fans have two garbage games and it's damn shame we have still have no good basketball game and we have moved on to ANOTHER GENERATION!
Yeah we smoking some good stuff.its called an opinon is that a problem? and 2k11(basketball classic) wasn't a "ok" game you're just reachin with that one
Old 12-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #59
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Seems like ppl want impressions of the game AFTER the patch.

My impressions.

First off this is NO LONGER the game i played originally from the demo. This is NO LONGER the same game after playing it upon its first install on the PS4 with it's retail copy.

Steadily somehow they have been making adjustments to this game. At first There were problems where this game just looked weird and almost like an unsmooth version of nba jam. messing around with coaching options got it to play "just OK". The after repeated downloaded of refreshed roster via their synergy tech something happens every two days or so. The game got better paced and more grounded. Animations that would happen that seems out of place were gone and so on. So the game got progressively "playable" NOT better.

Now after installing the latest patch something new happened yet again. The game speed and the speed in which animations roll out. Dunks layups look more steady now and play out a bit smoother . No longer are the the rocket slides to the basket. Dribbling is more intuitive shooting "looks" better. release times of shots looks improved. Blocks where they were happening at rapid pacing have now been ONLY toned down BUT the difference in feeling that/seeing that HAS changed the way the game LOOKS.

The success that can be had with synergy is there. But what comes into question IS the ppl behind that tech "making sure" it looks right after its been "assigned".

The assigning of values are crucial and day to day insertion of those values that would equate in this case to animations being triggered and then the speed in which they get triggered(agility) is STILL in question. Its like this...

I entered in fgb's ratings into Madden which are admitedly almost AI driven. THAT real time data is great but it NOT great when entered in and expected to work RIGHT AWAY.

Right now the game feels as if they feel if the stats are right the game will play right and that will take TIME to real gather because animation triggering is tricky.

They have now patched a "system " INTO place that is supposes t handle these types of changes.

As it stands right now this game plays JUST LIKE the best edit NBALive 10 could have had.

Do i want sliders do we need sliders? Well yes. Player editing? Im not sure anymore. Im not WILLING to wait til 15 to find out either whether or not player editing is IN. but this attempt to make "the system" work better with it's in game animation triggering IS worrying for any play editing capabilities as i feel they are investing a TON of stock into it going forward

But

I WANT SLIDERS GOSH DARN IT!

I WANT player speed quickness agility and game speed sliders!

Old 12-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #60
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

oh i forgot.

Pre patch the game was a 6/10
Post patch a solid 6.5/10

add sliders its a 8/10 cuz that would fix a TON
Old 12-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just picked up a copy and it does play a good game of bball. Does anyone play on xbox one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #62
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

I noticed the bounce pass works now, putback is still broken
Old 12-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #63
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timber Wolf
Hi AJ

Firstly, great work on the update. I doubted you'd do it, so full credit to you guys and the fact this is only the start of rolling updates is exciting.

However, I now get CONSTANT blue screen crashes. I know it's not your fault and many games have the problem. I switched to Live because of 2K's crashes. I just want to make you aware that people now are crashing constantly. I didn't have even a single crash pre update.

Thanks for ANY help. I am desperate
So you HAVE had the blue screen on other PS4 games too, but it just stared happening in LIVE? That is strange. I will definitely pass it on to dev. Might help to have your PSN ID, so they can look into your's specifically.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #64
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
So you HAVE had the blue screen on other PS4 games too, but it just stared happening in LIVE? That is strange. I will definitely pass it on to dev. Might help to have your PSN ID, so they can look into your's specifically.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm definitely starting to have more blue screen crashes post patch. I believe I had only ONE crash before the patch but now I've had at least 10 over a span of about 4 or 5 days. It happens most when I finish a live season big moments challenge.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »