Home

NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players' Heads Scanned

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players' Heads Scanned within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #33
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
So what were they doing in those 3 years that they couldn't manage to scan these players during that time? Embarrassing they released this game at full price knowing full well this game is not a complete game. But I guess you can't expect EA to do the smart thing and release the game half price to even try to compete, instead they'd rather try to drip every penny out of the customer.

And even if they were able to patch in the better faces, which I doubt they'll do, that's not going to change the fact that the game does not play well.

EA dropped the ball once again with this game spending 3 years to develop and then trying to fool people with CGI trailers and a lot of talk using fancy catch phrases and then they give you a subpar final product. It's going to take years for EA to get to where 2k is now, if they can even get there.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players Head Scanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
did you read the post i quoted? why arent you calling that a bait post? because thats what it was. and i took the bait. and youre the exact same way (referring to the "discussion" about how you think ea should give someone else a chance to make a bball game.) and with this post. i dont give anyone flak if they have a justified gripe. but his post was simply a shot at the game/devs for no reason. so yes i will absolutely call that out.

right they were a sentence apart. and you left out the sentence that said where they did focus. the part that can say something positive. which was left out by you because it did not fit your agenda to take a shot at the game. what game doesnt release updates post release anymore? that is not what this thread is about.

back on topic: its good to see that theyre trying to fix some of the visuals. itll be interesting to see how many other players they can do this for.

It does not matter if he chose to put down the devs or the game. What he posted is what they stated on their apology letter, so you should not have posted that sly bait remark to start an argument. I'm not like you because I don't reply back with sarcastic comments to posters if I don't like what they posted. What is your purpose for defending an EA franchise that has strung along their supporters for the past four years? You are not going to change are minds about the game just like we're not going to change yours, so you are wasting your time. I truly believe and stand with my comment that EA should bow out and let another company take that spot if they cannot make a respectable game. If you don't like my comments then scroll down and read the other ones. I'm not going to except this effort from EA or the Live team. They need to do alot more for us.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
this is the last time i will reply to you because its not worth debating with someone who doesnt want to understand the facts and its incredibly off topic. if you dont like live and you dont like ea then why in the world are you in the ea live forum? this thread specifically is about something being done to the game and yet you have yet to comment on that at all. instead you come in and attack me for no reason whatsoever and state that the dev team for this game you hate and the company you hate has given a half-assed effort when you have no proof of that at all. the same goes for the post i originally quoted who actually made the effort to remove a section of the quote because it hurt his cause.

also if in fact i was trying to make a bait post and you recognized it as such then why would you respond?

I already commented on the facial scanning if you saw my first post on the first page of this thread. I don't hate EA or the Live team. I bought their last two games in NBA live 09 and 10 and liked both those games very much. I played Live 14 a fair amount of times, so I know the game is a poor effort on their part. Please stand by your comment of not replying to my post again because you won't change my mind about what the company has done to this franchise. When I see your posts I will ignore them and scroll down to the next post. If you like this game and post your positive opinion about it then there is no reason for anyone to give you any gripes about it, but don't go on looking to attack others who don't share your opinion. I responded to your posts because the moderators have been coming into these threads diffusing similar posts like yours and giving warnings. Especially the one I had with you about EA bowing out and some other company taking that spot. All I'm telling you is to stop arguing with people who don't like the game and are not satisfied with the team's efforts because you are wasting your time.

Last edited by shutdown10; 12-19-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #36
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
right they were a sentence apart. and you left out the sentence that said where they did focus. the part that can say something positive. which was left out by you because it did not fit your agenda to take a shot at the game. what game doesnt release updates post release anymore? that is not what this thread is about.

Since you are having quite a bit of trouble grasping this, ill explain in Layman terms, hopefully you'll get it this time. Agenda, please ... cut it out.

1. What I quoted, has to do with.. take a guess.... visuals.
2. Here's what was left out:
Quote:
We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future.
Take a guess what this doesn't apply too, and why I quoted the next sentence after this? ..... visuals.
3. Thread topic is about... take another guess? Face scans which are.. the word of the day.... visuals.

While this post release support is good, its also bad because it was something neglected pre game production at full price. They have been talking about face scan since Tyson Chandler's mangly beard & pores since Elite 11.

Must be embarrassing I had to hold your hand and walk you through this thread. Others got it, why couldn't you? Please don't reply... you removed all doubt already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 12-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #37
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I already commented on the facial scanning if you saw my first post on the first page of this thread. I don't hate EA or the Live team. I bought their last two games in NBA live 09 and 10 and liked both those games very much. I played Live 14 a fair amount of times, so I know the game is a poor effort on their part. Please stand by your comment of not replying to my post again because you won't change my mind about what the company has done to this franchise. When I see your posts I will ignore them and scroll down to the next post. If you like this game and post your positive opinion about it then there is no reason for anyone to give you any gripes about it, but don't go on looking to attack others who don't share your opinion. I responded to your posts because the moderators have been coming into these threads diffusing similar posts like yours and giving warnings. Especially the one I had with you about EA bowing out and some other company taking that spot. All I'm telling you is to stop arguing with people who don't like the game and are not satisfied with the team's efforts because you are wasting your time.
well he is right ...but you'll never see that u were in the wrong. Keep on with your hate for the company though.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2
Couldn't care less.... EA lost me from a Basketball gaming stand point. Only reason I keep getting fooled into buying Madden is simple... NOTHING ELSE TO CHOOSE FROM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #39
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players' Heads Scanned

If your comments are directed towards the topic at hand, I'd recommend deleting them. Checking this thread from my phone and it's pitiful. I'll be pulling it back up at home later this evening.

This is a GOOD thing, regardless of how people try to spin it. The bickering and non constructive criticisms and praises that aren't relative to the thread are going to stop.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players' Heads Scanned

Thanks for keeping this and other threads on track WTF.It is a real shame that people come into these threads to get into arguments and at the end of the day not really help any of us that don't mind the game and want to see it get better.
Like several of us here I can see the potential in Live 14 and would love to see what they can do with some of the visual and artistic updates and gameplay tweaks in general.
Stop trying to prove each other wrong guys and keep you posts constructive that way we all benefit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »