Home

NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players' Heads Scanned

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players' Heads Scanned within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players' Heads Scanned

Hey EA how about updating the rosters like you promised!!!!! Rudy Gay and I.Thomas are both wearing 22.. that trade was like nearly 2 weeks ago. And thats one example
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #26
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
not everyone has been scanned in either game. since you brought up 2k have you seen kyle korver or better yet cp3 in 2k14? they are trying to get some of the players that didnt get scanned initially. its called post release support.
LMAO cmon now you only mentioned two players and 2k never gets cp3 right but but this is a WHOLE TEAM that has not been scanned....it says Jazz players not player....yeah some post release support alright, this post release report should have already came with the $60 price tag that some poor souls spent their money on
Old 12-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14: Utah Jazz Players Head Scanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
not everyone has been scanned in either game. since you brought up 2k have you seen kyle korver or better yet cp3 in 2k14? they are trying to get some of the players that didnt get scanned initially. its called post release support.
Lol, really?

2K got as many heads wrong as Live got right-- which isn't very many.

Live scanned like 6 guys, while 2K scanned most of the league. Your defense is "they both didn't scan everyone"? Seriously?

That's like comparing yourself to Steph Curry as a basketball player because you both miss some threes.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #28
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldot825
LMAO cmon now you only mentioned two players and 2k never gets cp3 right but but this is a WHOLE TEAM that has not been scanned....it says Jazz players not player....yeah some post release support alright, this post release report should have already came with the $60 price tag that some poor souls spent their money on
The people who bought the game are not the ones complaining that it wasnt worth the $60 price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 12-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yet 2K scanned a vast majority of the league.

This is a good move by Live though. Next is to rework models, lighting, and animations.
And yet 2K really messed up some faces. Look at birdmans ugly baby face or glen davis' duck face.. Both games nailed some faces and did a horrible job on others.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Hate to burst you guys bubble but I'm not holding my breath on this face scan being for a patch. Some things cannot be patched without actually rebuilding the engine itself to a degree. From knowing a few people that work in the industry on the actual prodcution side of video games my best assumption is they decided to start getting ready for 15, and posted some photos as a PR stunt.

Some of you are going to discount what I'm saying and that's fine but again, there are some things you cannot patch into a current game. And the simple fact that they are NOW doing this and showing it should make people even more mad about this game. Even if you LIKE the X and O's part of the game, the fact that they are now doing what they should have done for the game you had to pay a full 60.00 for is just sad, shameful, and pathetic.

Let me explain something to you about social media. 10 years ago, they would not be posting open letters to the public, and doing PR moves like this photo.. because 10 years ago people were not "wired in" to the internet through social media like we are today. As soon as a congressman tweets a pic of his penis.. 5 minutes later 50 million people have seen it. In the age of social media, a brand doesnt belong just to the company anymore... it belongs to the public.. we can quickly start conversations about a product so fast and it can spread so far in a matter of minutes now.. which is why some brands now have no choice but to do dammage control.

Think about it.. if they put out a game this bad 10 years ago and there was no OS, Gameinformer.com IGN.com, etc.. do you think they would be issuing public statements and the such? of course not.. people have a bigger voice now more than ever, so companies are forced to engage back with them to some degree.

Sorry, I'm not buying what they are selling with that photo. Live 15 maybe.. patch? I seriously doubt it.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
If they are going to do this, then they need to figure out a way to scan body types in the game as well. Live has never been able to get the body type of players right. They need to harness the tech's true power to bring out the next gen visuals and animations, and stop stringing us along with this unpolished effort.
You're going to need them to actually tear their engine apart and start there.. THAT is something not getting patched. Re-done or tweaked for 15? Yes.. patched.. nope..that's not happening.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
I don't understand how the same company that made fight night on the XBOX 360 and the visuals that we see for the UFC game not account for the visuals in an NBA game. The facials under the helmet in Madden look better then what we see in this "Next Gen" Live. I mean the NBA is supposed to be the game that would for the most part resemble the true life counterparts as people generally can relate to them when they see them in public because their faces are right there for all to see. The graphics on Live are just sub-par along with the motion, movement and authenticity and I am a Live supporter. I just don't get the visuals on Next Gen UFC and the visuals of NBA Live trying to make a comeback, how could this be missed like a Dwight Howard free throw....Also how could the game lag so much, how many people have pushed the pass button twice because it did not pass the ball and you end up throwing a full court pass out of bounds...now I'm just ranting, but you get what I mean if you have played the game...#Wewillseeifthisisbullcrap.
Different EA games are developed my different teams. Even though I'm a HUGE UFC fan, it's still very much a niche' sport to the masses and therefore doesn't have the eyes of the MBA Boardroom members and shareholders looking at it the way they do Live and Madden.. therefore the team working on UFC get to fly under the corporate big wig radar..probably don't get rushed, have non creatives telling them what to do, etc..which is why the UFC game looks next gen..and live looks like it was rushed and forced into market by people at EA that are in the business of shareholders and dividends and not making great sports games.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »