Home

Best Sports Launch Titles Of All-Time

This is a discussion on Best Sports Launch Titles Of All-Time within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Best Sports Launch Titles Of All-Time

The post sounds every interesting.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0
wypadanie włosów

wypadanie włosów
Old 12-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I agree with this list, but would like to add one more game to the list of honorable mentions: Madden NFL 2001 on PS2. Along with the original 2K it has to be one of my favorite sports games at a console launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I'm sorry but Madden 2001 for the PS2 at launch was the reason to buy the console, I still think it's why Madden is so popular, that game was AMAZING for the time. The fact it is left off this list is really sad.

Madden 2001 is the best sports console launch game ever.
My best friend got a PlayStation 2 the Christmas it came out, along with SSX, TimeSplitters, NBA Live 2001 and Madden NFL 2001.

After the first weekend, the only games from that four that we kept playing were TimeSplitters and SSX.

Madden and Live just couldn't match the Dreamcast 2K games at the time.

I would bring my Dreamcast over, and both of us would team together and play the 2K1 games co-op online.

I even had a couple of friends who didn't like sports games too much, but they would still get a kick out of plugging the Dreamcast keyboard into the third controller port and talking trash to the other team while my friend and I did all the work on the field.

All that stuff was amazing back in the year 2000.

Live 2001 ended up just being a bad game, and Madden 2001, while not terrible, just didn't feel like that much of an upgrade over the Nintendo 64 version, which both of us already had.

I would say the PS2 Maddens didn't really get going strong until Madden 2004.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-19-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #20
Rookie

dbacks01's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
My best friend got a PlayStation 2 the Christmas it came out, along with SSX, TimeSplitters, NBA Live 2001 and Madden NFL 2001.

After the first weekend, the only games from that four that we kept playing were TimeSplitters and SSX.

Madden and Live just couldn't match the Dreamcast 2K games at the time.

I would bring my Dreamcast over, and both of us would team together and play the 2K1 games co-op online.

I even had a couple of friends who didn't like sports games too much, but they would still get a kick out of plugging the Dreamcast keyboard into the third controller port and talking trash to the other team while my friend and I did all the work on the field.

All that stuff was amazing back in the year 2000.

Live 2001 ended up just being a bad game, and Madden 2001, while not terrible, just didn't feel like that much of an upgrade over the Nintendo 64 version, which both of us already had.

I would say the PS2 Maddens didn't really get going strong until Madden 2004.
Nba Live 2001 was delayed that year it didn't come out till February no way he got it at launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »