Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
just curious, have you played the game yourself? like more then 5 or 6 games played? based on the type of comment this is, it sounds like your posting based on other peoples feedback, and your very own rule of thumb. 2 things that can't be taken seriously

I played the game a total of about 9 or 10 times. I downloaded the demo for PS4 and played that, but got to play the full enchilada a few times with my friend who tried to trade the game in yesterday and was only offered 13 bucks by Gamestop. I would not be in this forum making these comments if I never played the game. I don't care if you take my comment serious or not. The masses will not let EA off the hook anymore with this poor effort, and I'm excited for that because they will have to actually try this time.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #138
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

There is a lot of STRONG hyperbole going on in this thread, especially in the last few pages LOL.

"Seeing stuff hasn't been seen in NBA games in the last 10 years"? Alright now, we can tone it down a bit there.

And what's up with all the "Have you played this game more than (insert number)times?" comments?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #139
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
There is a lot of STRONG hyperbole going on in this thread, especially in the last few pages LOL.

"Seeing stuff hasn't been seen in NBA games in the last 10 years"? Alright now, we can tone it down a bit there.

And what's up with all the "Have you played this game more than (insert number)times?" comments?

If NBA live 14 was that immerse, then it would not have a trade in value of 13 bucks at Gamestop. The game has not even been out a month yet and the price has been cut shy below 50 bucks if you trade it in. I know Gamestop are thieves, but I blame EA for that one. I don't understand where these how many times you played this game comments are coming from, because most people in this forum have played the game already. I'm not going to let EA off the hook with my experiences with this game.

Last edited by shutdown10; 12-10-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #140
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Im waiting for that patch if the graphics are improved to be at least decent for next gen i will pick it up for sure
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #141
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I'll stand behind my "hyperbole" statement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 2

The bottom line is that Live's graphics are horrendous. That along with terrible animations make it fail miserably as a basketball "Sim".

Designers would be better suited to remake/re-market it like the Golf game that's presently on the market (PowerStar Golf I believe). Get some cartoonish looking features and go for it. I seriously mean this, because the AI of the game is not half bad.

Its attempt at reproducing "REAL" basketball however, is a total fail. They have not captured even the most simplistic elements of basketball, i.e., the jumpshot and the layup... and just forget signature styles!

I can't get into it because the animations are so poor. On a scale of 1-10 the player likeness may be a 6 or 7, but the animations - seriously - are at the 3 or 4 level.

WTF, I see some of the things you spoke of, the game has promise, but for the reasons I mentioned above it's a LOOONNNG way from offering viable competition.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #143
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Brian OS has no affiliation with OS. And Phreak50, may want to calm it down a bit. Lol.

Regardless of the outcome, right now, some of us have had our decisions made for us. 24th's daughter broke his 2k disc, and 2k glitches and errors broke my experience. Once you learn the game, it does get better.

I am taking the opportunity that I have, and hopefully going to provide some much needed community feedback to the EA team on what needs to be done.

I'm sure some are thinking "shouldn't they already know what needs fixed? "

In my mind, an outside opinion being constructive in their criticism will go much further than that of those who have slaved away on the project for the past 12 months. I kind of correlate it to mindlessly working on a project for hours. You've spent so much time on it, your mind is relatively numb and don't see it for what it is. Sometimes an outside look can make a world of difference.

Who knows.
I agree with you, then I don't agree with you. I think some of the backlash it's getting is coming from a 30,000 foot view. I mean the game as a whole.. and I mean as a whole based off of everything that's happened with the franchise over the past 3+ years. If you're saying EA sports TRULY needs regular people like us to point out how to fix their game, then EA sports has a much bigger problem on their hands. I mean, we aren't talking about "a Live 2015 wish list" we are talking about the public having to tell them how to make a good basketball game, and in my mind, that's unacceptable.

Also... you have to look at the bigger picture when it comes to all the actions EA sports initiated over the past 2-3 years leading up to this. Its not like they put a game out last year for current gen and then started on a regular cycle for this years game. It was the act of EA scrapping their latest effort two+ years ago and THEN coming up with the public rah rah speech about they are doing this to make a much BETTER basketball game. Do you see what I'm getting at here? They got on their soapbox, did the speech and the posturing and then had TWO YEARS to work on the game that's been getting 3's and 4's out of 10 for reviews. And don't give me any mumbo jumbo about dev cycles. I don't know how they work things internally there and neither do you.. HOWEVER, it was two years ago when they made a public statement... and that's all most of us need to hear... and that's why most of us refuse to cut them slack. Were we expecting the best basketball game ever? Not at all.. but for two years off and making that statement two years ago... this game just does not measure up, not even close when you factor all those other things in...

It's one thing to have a game you bought grow on you. It's another to play it enough to convince yourself the game is "now" worth the 60.00 you shelled out for it.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #144
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I agree with you, then I don't agree with you. I think some of the backlash it's getting is coming from a 30,000 foot view. I mean the game as a whole.. and I mean as a whole based off of everything that's happened with the franchise over the past 3+ years. If you're saying EA sports TRULY needs regular people like us to point out how to fix their game, then EA sports has a much bigger problem on their hands. I mean, we aren't talking about "a Live 2015 wish list" we are talking about the public having to tell them how to make a good basketball game, and in my mind, that's unacceptable.

Also... you have to look at the bigger picture when it comes to all the actions EA sports initiated over the past 2-3 years leading up to this. Its not like they put a game out last year for current gen and then started on a regular cycle for this years game. It was the act of EA scrapping their latest effort two+ years ago and THEN coming up with the public rah rah speech about they are doing this to make a much BETTER basketball game. Do you see what I'm getting at here? They got on their soapbox, did the speech and the posturing and then had TWO YEARS to work on the game that's been getting 3's and 4's out of 10 for reviews. And don't give me any mumbo jumbo about dev cycles. I don't know how they work things internally there and neither do you.. HOWEVER, it was two years ago when they made a public statement... and that's all most of us need to hear... and that's why most of us refuse to cut them slack. Were we expecting the best basketball game ever? Not at all.. but for two years off and making that statement two years ago... this game just does not measure up, not even close when you factor all those other things in...

It's one thing to have a game you bought grow on you. It's another to play it enough to convince yourself the game is "now" worth the 60.00 you shelled out for it.
nba live 13 was officially canceled on 9/27/2012 so im not sure where youre getting the two years from. granted no one outside of ea knows for sure how long this team has had to work on this game but i find it hard to believe they were working on this with a new team while live 13 was still in development.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »