Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #129
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Fluid movement during possessions.
Fluid movements as in fluid animations or players moving without the ball? or both?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #130
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Players moving without the ball. Doing the right things without being instructed to. Teammate AI.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:48 AM   #131
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
live will never be complete because ea keeps knocking down the bricks during construction. Never gonna get anywhere by doing that. I hope next game they just built on what they have now. Most of it is under the hood but it's a start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #132
Just started!

OVR: 0

I play on the Xbox One and there has definitely been improvement with graphics and performance, beginning about 3 or 4 days ago.

When I bought the game, Joakim Noah looked like a pasty ninja from a PS2 game. He now looks passable. I can imagine they did this with quite a few players.

I can also say that performance has improved as the low baseline camera no longer chugs as much as it did in the release.

I can also confidently say that they have been adding animations here and there. The passing / catching is not nearly as terrible as it was on release. There seems to be more block / rebound / jump animations as well. It's still not nearly enough, but it's apparent to me anyhow.

The lighting has also been tweaked a bit. It seems like the 'volume' has been dialed up a bit on the ambient occlusion and the reflected light from the court onto the players' jersey. (Try looking at a replay of a white jersey and watch what happens when the player is on top of a colorful logo or something.)

Now, don't quote me on this, but I also think that the baked wrinkles in the jerseys have been redesigned. It no longer brings back horrors of NBA Elite 11, anyways.

Now, that said, graphically, it is still not passable IMO. Fifa is a passable looking Next Gen title... barely. NBA Live needs to, at the very least, achieve something to that standard.

'Under the hood', this is the best basketball game I have ever played. I'm actually fairly decent at it because I know the game of basketball, not because I know the video game ala 2K.

The problem is that I can't play it for very long because it looks so awful.

The Player Models need to be redone entirely, IMO.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #133
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogWillHunt
'Under the hood', this is the best basketball game I have ever played. I'm actually fairly decent at it because I know the game of basketball, not because I know the video game ala 2K.

The problem is that I can't play it for very long because it looks so awful.

First sign that the thread is dying: the parrots come out.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #134
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

I have been playing the game since release, I must say this is a really good BASKETBALL game! the game is getting better and better! substance-wise its there. it is too much to write but I really really really like this game. it always seems fresh too. I have been playing the rising star season and its strange because I swear its like every team has a scouting report and a plan... the A.I is looking to attack weaknesses and if you run a play really well they try to take it away. and you can't really cheese too much. except in the post. its like the defender gets stuck when the offensive opponent spins.. like pulling the chair should be more responsive. the live team should be commended for being so brave... they took a chance by taking the game off of rails... it doesn't feel scripted at all... I haven't been able to say that about the compitetion
Old 12-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm just glad that we have other review websites and other social media to let EA know that this is not going to cut it anymore. Lets just say I'm happy this is not the only place EA will get feedback from, because the game would never improve looking at the comments this past week. We cannot let them off the hook for this effort. My friend bought this game around Launch, and he got tired of it so he tried to trade it in yesterday, and was only offered 13 dollars from Gamestop. That lets you know this game has a very poor demand in the market. I suggest to all you guys who bought the game to hold on to your copies, because you will not even get 15 dollars credit for it if you try to trade it in now. EA needs to lower the price for this game because that is robbery on the trade in price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #136
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I'm just glad that we have other review websites and other social media to let EA know that this is not going to cut it anymore. Lets just say I'm happy this is not the only place EA will get feedback from, because the game would never improve looking at the comments this past week. We cannot let them off the hook for this effort. My friend bought this game around Launch, and he got tired of it so he tried to trade it in yesterday, and was only offered 13 dollars from Gamestop. That lets you know this game has a very poor demand in the market. I suggest to all you guys who bought the game to hold on to your copies, because you will not even get 15 dollars credit for it if you try to trade it in now. EA needs to lower the price for this game because that is robbery on the trade in price.

just curious, have you played the game yourself? like more then 5 or 6 games played? based on the type of comment this is, it sounds like your posting based on other peoples feedback, and your very own rule of thumb. 2 things that can't be taken seriously

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »