Home

NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 8
RangersCruz - Thanks for the answer mate. It's good to see that you can still dominate the boards if you focus on it. I haven't played 2K since 2K12 but back then my primary focus was to box out, rebound and protect the rim. On offense I would just hang around outside the key and crash the boards, or set picks and roll to the basket. That's all. Back then I remember I still wouldn't get many offensive rebounds (3-4 per game) but could generally clean up the defensive rebounds (8-10 per game).

Any comments on the mode past your rookie season? If it opens up to a more free mode, where you can skip to key games and move through seasons a bit quicker then it might be worth enduring the pain of that first season.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
2k Sports said 2k14 is a game which they can build on in a future. Understanding this, I would say 100% yes to this game considering all it gives to you. BUT trade logic, coach logics, poor free agents signing logic are just killing my will to play MyGm and My Career modes. Cmon 2K, finally do something about. Please dedicate some time to fixing that, you know it's possible.
Hope that care about this because problems I mentioned above are gamebreaking for me.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:21 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
This is your problem not 2k's i average 12 boards with a 7'2 easily
It will be their problem when I stop buying their product. Cats like you crack me up as if we play with the same settings. I've been playing sports video games since the early 1980's dude so don't try to play me out as some scrub. The rebounding mechanics in this games is fugged up on the real, among other things. Don't get me started in my extremely dumb CPU teammates watching rebounds and lazy passes. But you'll probably blame those on my skills too huh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared
Miss- Bob from maintenance has WAY to many birthdays!!
Lmfao Hahahaha hilarious stuff that was a good one I laughed hard for ten minutes on that one.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I just wish the mode was more realistic. They give us a 2x VC multiplier for HOF but HOF is close to impossible to win on while playing realistically. My teammates literally cannot function without me, and I put up ridiculous numbers without trying to. I find myself putting up 25+ shots a game because my teammates literally will not shoot the ball. They pass me the ball without me even calling for it. I call a play, but it breaks down immediately. It's really a mess on court if you are trying to play sim and not dominate every game as a rookie unrealistically.

The storyline stuff is okay, but make it dynamic. I don't want the same story as the next guy. Stop making me miss layups to force me to have a training session. Stop taking me out in the 2nd quarter when we are up by 25, just so you can put me back in with 2 seconds left telling me to hit the game winner. Stop telling me to score 10 points straight, so you can penalize me for not ball hogging.

This mode would be so great if it wasn't such a fantasy/fairytale.
Man I agree completely. It's like they want you to be Michael Jordan right out the gate it's completely ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #38
Rookie

I kinda want my money back. Cuz there's only 3 modes you actually think about which is online myplayer and mygm. Blacktop is boring but good for one on one practice. Like the game was way too simplified. Like graphics make the WHOLE game good. Graphics are cool just COOL. Gameplay is something else. Just because it's better than other ball games or two years ago (2k13 is the best ball game of all time, just needs physics with ps4 graphics) I can't just settle. Defence has become harder to execute yet it's still not as great as offence. I want my defence to be scary as much as my offence. If I use the Knicks I have a lot of length and perimeter lockdown pitbulls. But if my man scores on IMAN SHUMPERT once, he gets cold defensively...the rhythm thing sucks. It makes you miss free throws even when you time it the same way you did before.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 1
That disappointing to hear on the misses. This is truly the mode I want to play on PS4 later down the road but maybe later will be nba2k15. People must have complained how the earlier versions of myplayer kinda forced you to be more team oriented....which I liked. With PS4 the you passing and the guy making the shot bug shoulkd never happen. It should have logic/storyline based on A:shot and won, B:shot and missed, C: Passed and shot was made, D: shot was passed and missed. All 4 of those scenarios should be taken...hell a 5th one could be turnover.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #40
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
That disappointing to hear on the misses. This is truly the mode I want to play on PS4 later down the road but maybe later will be nba2k15. People must have complained how the earlier versions of myplayer kinda forced you to be more team oriented....which I liked. With PS4 the you passing and the guy making the shot bug shoulkd never happen. It should have logic/storyline based on A:shot and won, B:shot and missed, C: Passed and shot was made, D: shot was passed and missed. All 4 of those scenarios should be taken...hell a 5th one could be turnover.

That's the thing about sports there are so many different varying options that could take place(good, bad, or neutral) that having the appropriate cut scenes just based on the natural flow of each individual game isn't doable right now. It was difficult enough with the post game press conferences and that was way more simple. So 2K is forced with a choice either have less detail and more variety or great detail and a forced storyline to go with it. I won't purchase this game until we have the former as the direction for this mode.

IMO the way sports modes such as MyGM or especially in this case MyCareer should be taking is focusing on the real elements of working hard as a pro. It's great to have limited interaction with necessary personnel ex. teammates, coaching staff, agents and even to a lesser degree fans. I said this before you should get things like scouting reports. That's something that can be redundant, yet relevant every game.

2K did something so brilliant than completely went away from it. When they 1st introduced MyPlayer they had a demo where you got to create your MyP than go through the combine complete with drills and pick up games. Why not bring that back. They want to sell VC how about you sell a full fledged combine maybe with the draft, summer league, and training camp (for us sim people who keep asking for it back every year, but manage to get less) for MyP. Not only can we get a test run of the game early we get to have our MyP's made and improved from day one. And for all those instant people they can have the Rising challenge thing they added with the regular purchase.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »