Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #97
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
If it gets to the point where all games are using that type of junk to keep a game close, then it's time for me to quit gaming as a whole. I've not seen it in Live thus far. I see it every time I start up the other game.
Do you seriously think anyone puts this stuff in to "keep games close"? You honestly think VC or EA would be that calculated and dumb? This is an irrational conclusion. You see a bug in Live, and it's forgivable because it's "new". You see an obvious bug in 2k, and it's intended to screw you. As if they spend their time thinking of ways to screw the people they are trying to keep as fans. You don't see the imbalance here!? And you say I don't sit with you and know what you see. Yet, you're claiming to know what developers are thinking! You sit and claim to know why something is the way it is in the game. Really?

Quote:
If it happens, and the EA devs start sliding things like that in my game through updates, you'll hear me be just as vocal about it. I shall picket just like the rest of you.
You got that sign ready?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #98
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I've never in my life seen people so predicated on trying to tell someone who enjoys something, that they shouldn't enjoy it.
And you're doing the exact opposite. Think about it.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #99
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
How in the world is that proof of comeback logic? You guys argue like children. Show me how this is proof that the AI just decides to BUG, and you get this as a result. The video is evidence of a collision issue. The same issues Live has, by the way!

i didnt say comeback logic. there is no way to prove or disprove comeback coding. but when the game decides its going to score then its going to score by any means necessary. thats what that video proves.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #100
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Funny thing in all of this is that SLA's were parading "live's controls/bouncetek", but the main they theyre clamoring to be fixed is none other than "human movement", looks and animations. oh the irony, go figure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 12-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #101
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Do you seriously think anyone puts this stuff in to "keep games close"? You honestly think VC or EA would be that calculated and dumb? This is an irrational conclusion. You see a bug in Live, and it's forgivable because it's "new". You see an obvious bug in 2k, and it's intended to screw you. As if they spend their time thinking of ways to screw the people they are trying to keep as fans. You don't see the imbalance here!? And you say I don't sit with you and know what you see. Yet, you're claiming to know what developers are thinking! You sit and claim to know why something is the way it is in the game. Really?
tbh i think its where the priorities lie. both games have had similar issues for years when it comes to stuff like that. live 14 is taking the approach to eliminate bs plays where player bodies arent respected and the animation takes over. it shows in both positive and negative ways. the game looks much worse from a visual standpoint but the foundation is in place. clearly there are still some issues. that yoyo warping clip is one. but thats not something that is incredibly glaring that happens often. for the most part the ball and players physical bodies are respected.

2k chose an alternate route to try and improve on the same formula they have been using. and why wouldnt they? people have been buying it for years so theres no reason to drastically alter it. but at the same time it just showcases the issues that have been there for years that they arent fixing. that clip wtf posted of the ball being passed through three defenders is an example. if that was a one off clip then it wouldnt be a big deal. but unlike the yoyo clip from live that does happen all the time and it is very noticeable and potentially game breaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #102
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
i didnt say comeback logic. there is no way to prove or disprove comeback coding. but when the game decides its going to score then its going to score by any means necessary. thats what that video proves.
That was the context of the discussion. So in the midst of a comeback, you see a bug and then draw a relational conclusion? They call that circumstantial, man.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #103
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
That was the context of the discussion. So in the midst of a comeback, you see a bug and then draw a relational conclusion? They call that circumstantial, man.

What discussion were you reading? He described a single clip where the cpu decided it was going to score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
There is some clipping issues, but it's not the type where the ball mysteriously finds its way through 3 defenders to allow a score. It's just random legs or hands going through another limb, etc. I've got a clip of 2k14 that the CPU got on their rubber band, I'm going to score no matter what you do, where they drove and dished the ball through... THROUGH the crotch of 3 of my defenders in the paint, and then THROUGH the hand of my attempted block, only to score. That's not a good game. That's a scripted game.
then goofyballer asked if he was suggesting that the cpu can score at will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Are you seriously suggesting that in 2K, the game will determine when it wants the CPU to score and just magically make all its passes/shots succeed on that possession with nothing you can do to stop it???
the only possible mention of comeback logic is where wtf said rubber band. then he went on to describe one play where the cpu decided it was going to score by completely ignoring the existence of 3 of his defenders. he then provided video evidence.

i dont believe that there is "comeback logic" in the game. however i do believe that when the cpu decides its going to score then there is almost no way to stop it. clips like the one he posted happen all the time. im about to go searching for the one clip i mentioned earlier that i saw in another thread showing something almost exactly the same.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #104
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
you just said exactly what the issue is. it LOOKS like something that shouldve been released 3 or 4 years ago. do you know why they didnt release gameplay videos? neither do i. but i would guess it has something to do with people judging games on how it looks more than anything else. and when you are only watching videos that is more or less what you are going to do. it clearly cant compete on a visual level. so gameplay videos dont help the cause when people will take one look at the graphics and say it sucks.
Unless you just want to read what you want to, im speaking of the overall package. Sorry but this is not a nex gen game, and I dont honestly care to keep hearing you defend it. Like it all you want to but its going to get cancelled if it doesn't change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »