Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #73
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Are you seriously suggesting that in 2K, the game will determine when it wants the CPU to score and just magically make all its passes/shots succeed on that possession with nothing you can do to stop it???
Yes, that's exactly what it is. I'm not the only one.

Next Gen CPU Cheating is Amazing

Plenty of these types of moments:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...30994490740309

Goaltending? Nope. Was it called? Yep. It was after I stopped 3-4 instances of cheese that they were "supposed" to score. But that's for another thread. I'll be uploading the video that I took of the ball morphing through my defenders momentarily as well.

But back to NBA Live looking radically different. No matter what everyone else says, if you aren't playing the game in it's current state (NOT when the game released, NOT NBA Live 10) then you aren't seeing the game as it is today.

Dre, Sure, Synegy was implemented in NBA Live 10 and you had to do a ton of edits. What myself, and SEVERAL other members here are saying, is that you don't need to be doing those edits THIS YEAR. Yes, perhaps Synergy wasn't as evolved back in 2009 when Live 10 released. But THIS YEAR, it is a different animal. I don't feel the need to edit ANYONE thus far. The games that I'm playing are playing like I would expect to see on TV. That's not to say, that if I doubleteam Durant and/or Westbrook, that they will not find another option for the score, they will, and you'd expect them to. They will find the open man, but if you play them man to man D, expect to be hitting their spots.

If you all don't want to give it a shot, that's cool. I get it. The demo blew, hard. I get it. I don't expect anyone to run out and buy it. We've all been burned before. Am I glad I got the game? You bet.

The ONLY thing I'm wanting right now is the ability to edit accessories, sig shots/dribbles, and that's about it. I don't need to edit player ratings. I don't need to alter any sliders thus far.

I have a counter to everything that the CPU AI throws at me, if I'm smart enough to use it. I don't have random generic Points of Emphasis that people still don't know what they do. I have the ability to custom tailor an attack for each individual player on the opposing squad.

Do you think in the locker room, a coach is going to say, here is our point of Emphasis for this quarter, Play Physical. No, he's going to get up into his guys and tell them to Deny Kobe the Ball, Front Pau Gasol, double in the post if Pau gets it, play weak on the backside and slide over for help defense. Stick Nick Young, don't let him get space. Sag off of Steve Blake (injury), make him beat us from the outside, don't let him penetrate. You have the option to do that in this game. And, it works!

Points of Emphasis, Limit Perimeter Shots. What happens in reality, somehow, it causes my guys to come and double team someone with the ball on the wing, that I can't cancel out of, and the CPU kicks it to an open man in the corner.. For a Perimeter Shot.

If you fellas are happy with that type of ball game, then that's fine. I will applaud EA for everything that it's doing, sans the graphics. If this game came out swinging with the graphics of NBA 2k, or better, and with a tutorial/practice mode, you'd see a LOT more guys on the forums over here. But it doesn't look next gen. It's not pretty. But it plays a damn good game of basketball.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #74
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I said this a million times already. The Pick & Roll is a thing of beauty, and basketball ain't basketball without it. Love the half court sets in Live, makes me feel like Chauncy Billups, a coach on the floor. The game lacks fast breaks but it more than makes up for that in the half court game.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #75
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer
Are you seriously suggesting that in 2K, the game will determine when it wants the CPU to score and just magically make all its passes/shots succeed on that possession with nothing you can do to stop it???
No, he is not suggesting it. He's straight saying it. Dudes have been crying this for a while, even though it's been debunked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #76
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This game looks like something that should've been released 3 or 4 years ago not matter what kind of pink elephant is in the room about it. Either EA knew something was wrong with it because they hid is just like they did Elite and with Live 2007, or they thought this game was good enough to make sales to sustain the budget and that's even scarier.
you just said exactly what the issue is. it LOOKS like something that shouldve been released 3 or 4 years ago. do you know why they didnt release gameplay videos? neither do i. but i would guess it has something to do with people judging games on how it looks more than anything else. and when you are only watching videos that is more or less what you are going to do. it clearly cant compete on a visual level. so gameplay videos dont help the cause when people will take one look at the graphics and say it sucks.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #77
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No, he is not suggesting it. He's straight saying it. Dudes have been crying this for a while, even though it's been debunked.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-amazing.html

Debunk this. The game was determined to score. It was a minute and a half left, I was up 3, it's this games way of staying close. End of Story.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #78
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

its been debunked even though he just posted proof? i saw another video on another thread showing the ball going through the same guy twice on the same play to let lebron score. so how is it debunked when there is video evidence? ive seen plenty of it too especially when the cpu ballhandler changes directions 5-6 times in a row in the paint until you eventually slide off him.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #79
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
its been debunked even though he just posted proof? i saw another video on another thread showing the ball going through the same guy twice on the same play to let lebron score. so how is it debunked when there is video evidence? ive seen plenty of it too especially when the cpu ballhandler changes directions 5-6 times in a row in the paint until you eventually slide off him.
Like this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...79011921365904
Old 12-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #80
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
exactly! lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »