Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #65
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

I dont think this game will come out next year.. its over. Live isnt even hitting FaceBreaker numbers in terms of sales. Theyve tarnished the Elite name, tarnished the Live name, reviews are brutal.. O'Brien apology letters abound.. this whole thing is deja vu.. oh last but not least the SLA's (struggle Live apologists) have to convince themselves whats happening is a facade. Theres noone to blame but those particular fans, who like the series but dont say anything..

this just doesnt bode well and weve seen this happen 3 times now since Live 07..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 12-08-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #66
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
I dont think this game will come out next year.. its over. Live isnt even hitting FaceBreaker numbers in terms of sales. Theyve tarnished the Elite name, tarnished the Live name, reviews are brutal.. O'Brien apology letters abound.. this whole thing is deja vu.. oh last but not least the SLA's (struggle Live apologists) have to convince themselves whats happening is a facade. Theres noone to blame but those particular fans, who like the series but dont say anything..

this just doesnt bode well and weve seen this happen 3 times now since Live 07..
I disagree man. I think EA is hell bent on at least one last go at it.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #67
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You may be right, they might take another shot at it. However and I've been saying this, EA looking at improving Live 14 over "the coming weeks and months" is NOT a good sign at all. It's like when they offered updated rosters for Live 10 in light of Elite's cancellation. Pretty sure they didn't update the rosters after there was no Live 12 or after Live 13's cancellation. Track record doesn't suggest anything good coming from continuing this level of support of a game already out the door for that long on their part.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #68
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
possibly, but theyve wasted so much $$ since elite.. and arent even sniffing any decent recoup since. 4 times to make a 1st impression.. Live is a $ sink...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 12-09-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #69
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

Agreed but that's the premise of the article. If the game remains like this its over and done with for good.

A 2nd sub par effort smashed in reviews no matter how you disagree with it or say they dont matter...the youtube dudes will toast it and thats pretty much what willbe a wrap

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I've got a clip of 2k14 that the CPU got on their rubber band, I'm going to score no matter what you do, where they drove and dished the ball through... THROUGH the crotch of 3 of my defenders in the paint, and then THROUGH the hand of my attempted block, only to score. That's not a good game. That's a scripted game.
I played 2k12, 2k13, I'd say for about a month. I can't take any more of the scripted style of gameplay.
Are you seriously suggesting that in 2K, the game will determine when it wants the CPU to score and just magically make all its passes/shots succeed on that possession with nothing you can do to stop it???
Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #71
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Regardless of poor reviews, I like this game quite a bit more than 2k. And I hope the negative reviews don't sway EA to try and make this game like 2K. Just keep improving on what you have EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #72
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1259
I think people that desperately want to defend the game take a look at it's bad graphics and just make it up in there heads that because the graphics are so bad that the gameplay MUST be something special.

When that's just not the case.

They also boast about how the game has a learning curve and they either don't or won't acknowledge why that is. It has such a steep learning curve for all the wrong reasons. It's not because of how effectively the game represents real basketball, it's because of how slow and unnatural the players move and interact with each other. I liken it to that Superman game on Nintendo 64, that game was excessively difficult with a rigid learning curve and that sure as hell wasn't because of how good it was. It's actually kind of funny listening to people brag about how hard it is to learn the game not knowing that they're effectively aiding in arguments against the game.

It's astonishing how a game this poor in quality can continue to be determinedly defended when the people that made the game themselves are giving out public apologies. That don't happen to good games.
if you read the letter they never say its a bad game. they say they realize that people are having a hard time grasping the controls and they know the graphics arent great.

my issue with what im reading is that people are saying it doesnt resemble nba basketball but no one is offering any reasoning aside from "it looks like a ps2 game!"

the biggest thing im looking for in a basketball game is intelligent ai. i see a lot of it in live 14. i also see a lot of poor decisions from the ai but for the most part it does a good job. i see good spacing between the players. i see intelligent rotations. i see players moving without the ball to actually help the ball handler rather than moving just to be moving. that is the essence of nba basketball.

obviously the game has a long way to go. it definitely needs to improve on the graphics/player movement front. there are also a lot of areas where the ai needs improvement. the presentation and commentary needs a lot of work. but this game does a lot right. its also the first iteration for a new team. so im not expecting perfection out of the gate.

i just hope they continue with what theyre doing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »