Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
fans dont prefer it because its not pretty and its not what theyre used to. the problem is that no one gives it a chance because of the graphics. the few people on here who have gone back to play it since 2k doesnt work have said its much better than they originally thought.

i dont listen to reviews for sports games because they generally dont play them enough to really understand the game. that goes for any sports game not just this one. i watched igns reviewers play both live and 2k14 and they looked like monkeys playing both.
I dont prefer it because its not pretty and doesnt resemble NBA basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
NBA Live 10 was definitely the best basketball of that season and EA's best effort on current gen, maybe the best in the Live history. What's also sad is that, NBA Street Homecourt looks better than Live 14 lol... I was one of the many that were going EA would build off the foundation that was Live 10. It wasn't to be.

In my opinion, EA scrapped Live 10's foundation because it would become too similar to 2K basketball. Maybe that's why it was such a success? Either that or Mr Wang leaving with his input changed it all?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #27
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
I am currently playing NBA Homecourt since 2K14 and Live are both tweaking.

And Homecourt plays way better than live.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont prefer it because its not pretty and doesnt resemble NBA basketball.
I think people that desperately want to defend the game take a look at it's bad graphics and just make it up in there heads that because the graphics are so bad that the gameplay MUST be something special.

When that's just not the case.

They also boast about how the game has a learning curve and they either don't or won't acknowledge why that is. It has such a steep learning curve for all the wrong reasons. It's not because of how effectively the game represents real basketball, it's because of how slow and unnatural the players move and interact with each other. I liken it to that Superman game on Nintendo 64, that game was excessively difficult with a rigid learning curve and that sure as hell wasn't because of how good it was. It's actually kind of funny listening to people brag about how hard it is to learn the game not knowing that they're effectively aiding in arguments against the game.

It's astonishing how a game this poor in quality can continue to be determinedly defended when the people that made the game themselves are giving out public apologies. That don't happen to good games.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 19
alot of useless arguments.
the EA vs 2k debate = belonging to the Democratic party or the Republican party.
IMO the lines have been clearly drawn on OS.
In addition, EA has to go above and beyond what 2k does to even have a chance. a decent game will not cut it. the bar has been set by 2k, and its pretty high.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #30
Rookie

People should wait six months or a year before going on board with the Next-Gen game systems.
Two things: A). programmers are still learning the ins and outs of the consoles power and what they can do. The first round of games are not going to be all that great. Going to be glitches. Some might look awesome and play great, but give it some time for the sports games to evolve. I get it, though: we live in an impatient society. B). I'm not sure why or how EA botched the new NBA LIVE for the Next-Gen consoles. They had time, but we really don't know what all went down in their studios. We all know that EA Sports is very capable of making solid sports video games. NCAA FB 14, Madden 25, FIFA, and NHL series. I think part of the issue is profit to cost ratio. Maybe they will get a new production team together and do something totally different with LIVE 15? Who knows? Basketball video games are generally not money-makers. Small % plays them. I do miss my college BB video game, though. 2K8 College Hoops … can't do it anymore. Great game … just outdated graphics. I think perhaps we've seen the last of College sports games, at least until the NCAA and people can work out a legit deal without legal threats.
Crazy.

Last edited by jwtucker710; 12-07-2013 at 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #31
Rookie

There is no opening. 2k had the best next gen game out. Live has to do some dramatic changes in order to compete.
1. Need to improve graphics
2. Need to improve presentation
3. Need to improve controls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
alot of useless arguments.
the EA vs 2k debate = belonging to the Democratic party or the Republican party.
IMO the lines have been clearly drawn on OS.
In addition, EA has to go above and beyond what 2k does to even have a chance. a decent game will not cut it. the bar has been set by 2k, and its pretty high.
This is complete BS. Many would argue that Live 10 wasnt better than NBA2k10 but Live 10 got ALOT of love on OS because it was a good basketball game that gave NBA fans another option.

Its crazy how EA can come out with a subpar video game (which they even admitted was subpar) and OS gets blamed for saying its a crap game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »