Home

If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

This is a discussion on If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

EA Sports had a clear opening opening with NBA Live 14, and they didn’t even realize it.

NBA 2K14 fumbled its launch about as much as 2K Sports could manage, which is to say — there are still some problems, a few of which are quite serious which consumers are facing, but the game is largely quite good.

Connectivity issues, save file issues with MyCAREER, crashes, and some old legacy gameplay issues are hampering the product at this point. A patch has fixed some issues, but many remain it appears.

In all reality, there is a lot you can find wrong with NBA 2K14 if you look hard enough.

And despite the wasted opportunity this year, it's now clear there have been key areas of mismanagement which plague the NBA Live series, and until each is fixed individually, this series has no future.

Read More - If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

is this real? the major gaff the live team made was not including a practice area to learn the controls. but to say the game doesnt resemble basketball is absurd. you get out of the game what you put in. if you try to play it like real basketball then it will play similar to real basketball.

yea it needs a lot of work but this article makes it sound like it does nothing right. i dont want two 2k basketball games. the ball being separate from the players is a huge positive differentiation from 2k as is the ai (a lot of the time. there are definitely some issues that need fixing). what it needs is consistency in direction. they are on the right track with live 14. they need to stay the course and keep moving forward.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
EA Sports had a clear opening opening with
Old 12-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Keep defending this game all you want. The facts are they hid it. Its a sub par effort for nex gen The reviews slammed it the fans dont prefer it and looking like it only sold 20k copies on the ps4 globally which cannot be encouraging for a game in the AAA ranks.

Something definitely needs to change and that is showing you its not the right track. Sheesh man

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

fans dont prefer it because its not pretty and its not what theyre used to. the problem is that no one gives it a chance because of the graphics. the few people on here who have gone back to play it since 2k doesnt work have said its much better than they originally thought.

i dont listen to reviews for sports games because they generally dont play them enough to really understand the game. that goes for any sports game not just this one. i watched igns reviewers play both live and 2k14 and they looked like monkeys playing both.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 12-06-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I'm not here to argue. .. you can argue against the facts all day. At the end of the day with no results is all an excuse.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Just started!

I downloaded the demo on Xbox One, Commentary sounds great, presentation seemed good too...But no tutorial and no sliders to adjust sounds like the dumbest decision i had ever heard. When playing the demo i didnt experience any control response issues, but the look certainly felt like not much had changed from the live version of live that fully released and didnt get canceled, which might have been good back in the day but for Next Gen no... EA would be better of slapping the March madness on the title and adding the NCAA tournament and selling this for $20 bucks in March....I have been begging for Live to step up its game and it just hasnt happened.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I've got the full game now, plan on putting some time in with it this weekend if I'm able to.

Some of the things in the demo are actually very pleasing after you really get into it. The fact is though, that there was nowhere to practice the new controls and options. It's not as pick up and play as prior Live titles were, which is not to say it's a bad thing. But when you don't have the ability to sit and play around with it in a practice setting, then you're going to get slammed. It's taken me several days with the demo to find more and more within the game.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the game will take some steps in the right direction over the next few months. I'm seeing some better gameplay with the Synergy Updates in the demo. I'm hopeful that it translates well into the full version as well. Only time will tell.

This is coming from someone who has had a disdain for the way we've been treated by the Live series the past few years (7-8 yrs). I dismissed the demo, and dismissed it pretty quick the first time I've played it. But after 2k broke on my saves, I found myself with no other options. I downloaded the demo again, and the more I played, the more I saw. The more I learned, the more I saw & understood.

I'll clear the air and say this game needs vast improvements. But that's not to say that it can't be done. Graphics and animations are in dire need. Can they patch that large scale of an issue? I don't know, but at the time, I refuse to start another game mode on the other title, put in time with it, only to have it get to a point where I can't continue my save. I don't have that kind of time to waste.

Again, I've been burned in the past by a 3 year plan. I need incremental positive changes through this first year to keep me a believer. Hopefully the voice that I'm trying to give won't be directed towards closed ears.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »