Home

How To Fix NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on How To Fix NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I don't know where you people get the "no competition" mess. There was only ONE year where everyone knew Live wasn't coming out and that was 2011. 2k11 was developed alongside Elite. 2k13 had the specter of Live 13. And now this year. So, where is this complacency? Seems to me the facts don't support the "no competition" platform or your claims of complacency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I consider Competition as ACTUALLY releasing a Game, not developing stages. Those are the facts, Unless you can actually see another game selling a Product, how can they truly be considered competition. Regardless my comment was made in hope that NOW with Both games Actually having products that are selling on the Market, it will push EACH company to make the best product they can. That is ALWAYS best for the Consumer.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #82
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I consider Competition as ACTUALLY releasing a Game, not developing stages. Those are the facts, Unless you can actually see another game selling a Product, how can they truly be considered competition. Regardless my comment was made in hope that NOW with Both games Actually having products that are selling on the Market, it will push EACH company to make the best product they can. That is ALWAYS best for the Consumer.
That wasn't the point. The claim was that folks claiming 2K was getting complacent because there was no Live. As I said - outside of 2011 - when would they have been afforded that luxury? Again, when 2K11, 2K13, and now 2K14 were being developed, there WAS competition. So, the perception of complacency due to no competition is a fallacy.

Also, for the record, if competition is supposed to keep these guys on their toes, why did it not help Live up to this point? It's not as if 2K just came out in 2008? The spectre of that game, and even others, was there since 2002. Yet, EA did very little to nothing to make the evolve. At least, in my opinion.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #83
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Competition certainly cant hurt. But...maybe not. look at mlb. Even tho the Show is out there, 2ks baseball game has sucked for years. So maybe devs are just simply incapable of making a good game with or without competition. FIFA and NHL are always consistently good too and they have no competition. Its good they do because they have repeat buyers. Its scary if NBA gave up the license. Think if 2k didn't exist what NBA game would Live be right now??
Old 12-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #84
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Competition certainly cant hurt. But...maybe not. look at mlb. Even tho the Show is out there, 2ks baseball game has sucked for years. So maybe devs are just simply incapable of making a good game with or without competition. FIFA and NHL are always consistently good too and they have no competition. Its good they do because they have repeat buyers. Its scary if NBA gave up the license. Think if 2k didn't exist what NBA game would Live be right now??
I again would like to point out the unfairness of hurling stones at 2K's baseball series. For the majority of the deal, Kush games was developing the baseball series for 2K and yeah, they sucked with it, particularly in comparison to what the Show was/is doing. By the time the game got to Visual Concepts it was already too far behind to ever really catch up. You could see the improvement in the series with 2K10. Kush really ****ed that series up though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »