Home

NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #57
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I believe if they cannot give us their best effort for Live 15, then they should scrap this franchise for good. The severity of the situation is bigger now because they failed applying a vision or plan for this game after a 4 year hiatus. It does not matter if these developers had only one year to work on this game. They did not expect Live to get all this attention whether good or bad because they attempted to hide the game-play trying to give people a hint. If the suits will not give the team a solid budget for this game game going forward, then they are wasting their time.
Truth is though, I think I read they only had a full year of development time. They obvioulsy cannot do anything special. 2K's opening screen suggested they did 156,000 man hours (I think that's right) for next gen development alone. EA must have done 48 hours in comparison... A fair comparison.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #58
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
So why again did they say on the previews that they were basically saying this is DAY1 purchase??? That was one of the reasons I preordered it becausae of OS input.

Thats some serious selective reading. I figured the average Joe could tell what basketball game to get by the post counts in the forums, screenshots, trailers, videos, reviews, and testimony. Or Maybe Not

Id like to see this preview.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #59
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Thats some serious selective reading. I figured the average Joe could tell what basketball game to get by the post counts in the forums, screenshots, trailers, videos, reviews, and testimony. Or Maybe Not

Id like to see this preview.
I'd like to see it too
Old 11-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #60
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Well in summary the OS preview said its a day1 purchase 2 weeks ago. Since we never saw gameplay tho I should have been worried I guess. Then 2 weeks later we get a review of 3.5. Understand my frustration
Old 11-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #61
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Well in summary the OS preview said its a day1 purchase 2 weeks ago. Since we never saw gameplay tho I should have been worried I guess. Then 2 weeks later we get a review of 3.5. Understand my frustration
Again, you chose to believe the wrong people and those people were not part of the OS staff. Where is this preview you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #62
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

It's amazing how often OS goes from being in EA's pocket to completely biased against them in favor of 2K depending on the accuser's argument at that given moment.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #63
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
I totally agree with this review. I've played EA basketball since Bulls v Lakers. Live 95 was one of my favorite bball game. I get Madden ever year and NCAA football every year. My point is I want Live to be good. It's just not. I played the demo and I'm not waisting $60 on a last gen game. I have Live 10 and it's much better than this garbage. Me and a friend started playing this because he wanted to check out my Xbox1. I was embarrassed because of how terrible it looked and played. It made my new xbox look terrible. Lol. I want to say this is the Madden 06 of next gen but, Live 14 is worse.

-gameplay is bad
-graphics and player movement is bad
-physics bad
-ball dribbling/physics bad
-arcade gameplay
-frame rate issues

The list goes on and on.

It's sad to see how bad Live has become.
If you want to defended it fine. Enjoy your terrible game.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #64
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Again, you chose to believe the wrong people and those people were not part of the OS staff. Where is this preview you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Um, it was headlines on everywhere that OS supported the game and day1 purchase. They did a podcast about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »