Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #113
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
I nominate this for one of the best posts in the Live forum.
Why? Cause some guy wanted to start a flame war on Live on a Live thread ? C'mon man, me and you know that it's just not right.

I went out and played the demo at a Best Buy. Then I played the installed NBA 2K14 game and then switched back to Live. While this game of course isn't a "simulation" game by all means, it was a fun game. And no, I'm not giving sympathy, I legitimately had fun with the game. It's $60 because it can be sold as a physical game, reason why this thing will never be $20 at launch as a disk is because the NBA wants max profits. Personally, if you found a deal and enjoyed the game, good for you.

The reason why it was fun because I let go of being sim for a second of my life and I enjoyed it. Yes, those who HATE the fact that this is basically a rip off as a SIM game can have the right to do that. But the game can be enjoyable if you can play basketball LIKE A VIDEO GAME instead OF REAL LIFE. It's Live, "sim" hasn't really been the main forte for a while now.

As for the graphics, people are exaggerating when they say it's worse then Current Gen to be Honest. The game looks better than CG NBA 2K14, or at least they had a better color palette.

Other potential good things for the future (as I don't own the game, but will assume)
-The Season replay mode, playing games that are finished kinda give you a cool little thing to try to recreate moments.
-Ultimate Team is fun many times (but looking at others vids, gaining good players early on don't look too hard)
-If the focus was more on a pick up and play game for the future, I think that would benefit those just getting started with the NBA video game scene or those who don't like 2K for [insert reason here]

Things to fix: (assumptions)
-Animation variety
-Commentary
-Game Modes
-Player Editing (they had a chance)
-Online (is it them or PS4?)

This game isn't for sim players unfortunately, this game is more for someone who wants to play an arcade game, while it's not worth $60, the basic game is fun as a arcade game.

3 years... 2 cancelled games, 1 generation leap. Future doesn't look bright, but there's some little bright light in that dark scary area we call Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MarvinOida; 11-21-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:09 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 1
Shakedown sums this game all up in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGDs24K4RgA&list=WL9E4E2E539935AB25
Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #115
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
As for the graphics, people are exaggerating when they say it's worse then Current Gen to be Honest. The game looks better than CG NBA 2K14, or at least they had a better color palette.
Then just say the color palette looks better, because there is no exaggeration as to how ugly this game is, lol

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-21-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #116
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Why? Cause some guy wanted to start a flame war on Live on a Live thread ? C'mon man, me and you know that it's just not right.

I went out and played the demo at a Best Buy. Then I played the installed NBA 2K14 game and then switched back to Live. While this game of course isn't a "simulation" game by all means, it was a fun game. And no, I'm not giving sympathy, I legitimately had fun with the game. It's $60 because it can be sold as a physical game, reason why this thing will never be $20 at launch as a disk is because the NBA wants max profits. Personally, if you found a deal and enjoyed the game, good for you.

The reason why it was fun because I let go of being sim for a second of my life and I enjoyed it. Yes, those who HATE the fact that this is basically a rip off as a SIM game can have the right to do that. But the game can be enjoyable if you can play basketball LIKE A VIDEO GAME instead OF REAL LIFE. It's Live, "sim" hasn't really been the main forte for a while now.

Other potential good things for the future (as I don't own the game, but will assume)
-The Season replay mode, playing games that are finished kinda give you a cool little thing to try to recreate moments.
-Ultimate Team is fun many times (but looking at others vids, gaining good players early on don't look too hard)
-If the focus was more on a pick up and play game for the future, I think that would benefit those just getting started with the NBA video game scene or those who don't like 2K for [insert reason here]

Things to fix: (assumptions)
-Animation variety
-Commentary
-Game Modes
-Player Editing (they had a chance)
-Online (is it them or PS4?)

This game isn't for sim players unfortunately, this game is more for someone who wants to play an arcade game, while it's not worth $60, the basic game is fun as a arcade game.

3 years... 2 cancelled games, 1 generation leap. Future doesn't look bright, but there's some little bright light in that dark scary area we call Live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except when OG (I think he was playing) was playing in the stream the other night running ISOs with Kyrie, Durant and Westbrook damn near the whole game and said how sim this game allowed you to play and the fact that they continue to call Live a simulation sports game. Yeah, though, other than that definitely hasn't been what they've been shooting for at all.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #117
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
if only you guys can see the smile on my face. never in my wildest dreams did I ever think live was going to be this good. live 14 is exactly how basketball should be played. Just wish ea could do something with the speed of the game.
If only you could hear my laugh as I read this post. Thanks for that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

Last edited by jmood88; 11-21-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #118
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

If this game was $15 on PSN I would buy it. The floor spacing is really nice change, and hearing the ball swish through the net makes me keep playing the demo. The swish of the net is a nice feeling that is sorely missing from 2k.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #119
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
If this game was $15 on PSN I would buy it. The floor spacing is really nice change, and hearing the ball swish through the net makes me keep playing the demo. The swish of the net is a nice feeling that is sorely missing from 2k.

couple of the reviews I read mentioned that was Live's redeeming feature was the sound of the swish. lol

and kudos for that mental hosptial GIF. That was money.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #120
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Please tell us more. What exactly do you like about it, how does the AI play, is the game sluggish or is it simply a case of not learning the ins and outs, etc.
With these questions it seems like you don't have the game yet you try to defend it ?????

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »