Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #241
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
don't know because I was watching the Houston game that was DVRed while looking at the video. All I saw was him doing was playing Roy Hibbert like he was a PG and running around with other players how they are not suppose to be used. He doesn't know the sport and probably like most of the reviewers cared about pretty graphics and canned animations. If your a big NBA fan you'll notice the game isn't all that bad by playing the demo. No it's not worth full price but the game isn't horrible either. EA has something here and all they need to do is keep improving and they will be back.
I knew the "pretty graphics" schtick was coming...and canned animations? If reviewers cared that much about canned animations this game wouldn't be getting 4,5's and 6's, because it sure has a lot them...

The fact that he was successfully able to run around with Hibbert as a PG is another problem in itself..

As I said, he didn't say anything that wasn't true...I'd like to see someone refute one of their actual points instead of trying to paint them as biased...I'm a huge NBA fan, and have been playing this game since shortly after the PS4 was released and now own the game as the buyer didn't want it..

I said myself that IGN over did it with their review..but besides the insults, they weren't that far from the truth...it's not a good basketball game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #242
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

It has sent me fun moments but the game feels about 50% done to me. Rebounding is awful. Guys like hibbert under the rim watching the ball hit the floor and waiting for the defense to snatch it up.

And really? No game sliders??? Next gen this is not
Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #243
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I knew the "pretty graphics" schtick was coming...and canned animations? If reviewers cared that much about canned animations this game wouldn't be getting 4,5's and 6's, because it sure has a lot them...

The fact that he was successfully able to run around with Hibbert as a PG is another problem in itself..

As I said, he didn't say anything that wasn't true...I'd like to see someone refute one of their actual points instead of trying to paint them as biased...I'm a huge NBA fan, and have been playing this game since shortly after the PS4 was released and now own the game as the buyer didn't want it..

I said myself that IGN over did it with their review..but besides the insults, they weren't that far from the truth...it's not a good basketball game...
i posted igns gameplay video and it looks exactly the opposite of what their review states in terms of gameplay. they were down 9-2 because they were trying to charge the paint and take contested jumpers. there were only 3 blocks even with them taking bad shots and only one block up to the point where they said "there have already been several blocked shots". so i think apollooff320 was pretty accurate when saying that a lot of people care more about pretty graphics than anything else. as soon as you see that its not graphically amazing you write it off and it makes everything else seem substandard. i think that if this game looked as good as 2k does from a visual standpoint the scores would be much much better.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #244
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador

this is why igns review is worthless. the guys clearly have no intention of trying to play the game realistically. for a game the review called a dunkfest, you would think they would show...you know...at least one dunk in their gameplay. but nope. he also talks about there being too many blocked shots. in that gameplay there were 3 total blocks even with them forcing up horrible shots. but yea i can see why ign is a credible source for their review.

ill wait until i try it myself to form a real opinion. i cant take the reviews seriously when they dont know how to play the game. same goes for 2k14. their live gameplay for that game didnt show anything better because they just charged the paint the whole time.
the guy who reviewed the game isn't even playing. its his cowroker..and plus, I think he's doing that to illustrate a point. he was playing 2k earlier and wasn't pounding it in..
Old 11-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #245
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
i posted igns gameplay video and it looks exactly the opposite of what their review states in terms of gameplay. they were down 9-2 because they were trying to charge the paint and take contested jumpers. there were only 3 blocks even with them taking bad shots and only one block up to the point where they said "there have already been several blocked shots". so i think apollooff320 was pretty accurate when saying that a lot of people care more about pretty graphics than anything else. as soon as you see that its not graphically amazing you write it off and it makes everything else seem substandard. i think that if this game looked as good as 2k does from a visual standpoint the scores would be much much better.
I've been sitting back and reading all these responses and comments like this is one of the reasons that game developers never take fans seriously. They can release a game that can look like crap and have terrible animations and staunch gameplay, yet someone will come yelling to their defense that no one plays the game right and that is the problem. This game could look gorgeous but if the gameplay is still like this, than it will get reviews like Ryse Son of Rome is getting: It's a pretty game with awful gameplay. Stop with the excuses and stop with the "oh if this was 2K" crap. If 2K released a game like this, there would be Live fans drooling over the chance to mock and destroy the game.

Stop making excuses for developers who don't care. Make them own up to their mistakes and create a better product. I love competitions in the game market. I demand better from Live. I WANT BETTER FROM LIVE. I want to fight over which game I should get. That was the beauty. Madden was at it's best when it had competition coming from all fronts not just 2K (Gameday 99 and others).

Now back to my lurking ways......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #246
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
This game isn't a gem that is a graphical update away from being a classic...it just isn't...you guys seem hell bent on making it out it out to be, but that's not the case...there are CORE issues with this game....despite what we saw in the video the reviewer was 100% right about blocking being wonky, there's absolutely no ball tracking in the game by paint protecters.

I want an NBA Live 15 man, ignoring these issues doesn't help anyone...
Old 11-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #247
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlehands
I've been sitting back and reading all these responses and comments like this is one of the reasons that game developers never take fans seriously. They can release a game that can look like crap and have terrible animations and staunch gameplay, yet someone will come yelling to their defense that no one plays the game right and that is the problem. This game could look gorgeous but if the gameplay is still like this, than it will get reviews like Ryse Son of Rome is getting: It's a pretty game with awful gameplay. Stop with the excuses and stop with the "oh if this was 2K" crap. If 2K released a game like this, there would be Live fans drooling over the chance to mock and destroy the game.

Stop making excuses for developers who don't care. Make them own up to their mistakes and create a better product. I love competitions in the game market. I demand better from Live. I WANT BETTER FROM LIVE. I want to fight over which game I should get. That was the beauty. Madden was at it's best when it had competition coming from all fronts not just 2K (Gameday 99 and others).

Now back to my lurking ways......
Well said. I'm a lurker like you and it's infuriating at times reading comments from the usual suspects. Some may be playing devil advocates but there are a selected few who I truly believe are guilty of astroturfing for EA as their posts displayed a total lack of objectivity.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #248
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This game isn't a gem that is a graphical update away from being a classic...it just isn't...you guys seem hell bent on making it out it out to be, but that's not the case...there are CORE issues with this game....despite what we saw in the video the reviewer was 100% right about blocking being wonky, there's absolutely no ball tracking in the game by paint protecters.

I want an NBA Live 15 man, ignoring these issues doesn't help anyone...
wait what? the reviewers said there were too many blocks. how are there too many blocks if theres no ball tracking?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »