Home

NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

After spending eight hours playing NBA Live 14, the best thing I can say about my initial experience is that it's mercifully over.

Professional obligation is all that kept me from turning off NBA Live 14 after experiencing EA Sports' buggy, sub-standard rendition of professional basketball.

Read More - NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

I know next year is also a supposed year in progress but if next year isn't significantly better, I'm not sure this franchise survives. Especially if the critic score stays around 40,50. if thats the case, they were better off cancelling. I'm not saying the game is that score but if publications agree that its terrible, then they might as well have not even released it and swallowed the bill again.

I've only played the demo and came off with some of the impressions you had. the fact that this is only a first impression lol...man the review is going to lay the hammer down.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Good write up Jayson.

Tried it and agree with the analysis.

The bad review scores emerging from the various review sites are justified. The game imo is just horrendous.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8
JYoung, I am very sorry you had to play this game for 8 hours. NBALive10 was and is to this day a great game. How in the world can a company go backwards in graphics, gameplay and the in-game announcing? A 3rd rate video game company would be ashamed of this product, what happened to EA?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

its weird watching og play on his live stream was a lot different than what youre describing. theres an option to turn on/off auto player movement for your teammates. maybe thats why players were standing around? and he played a game against the knicks and they actually played close to normal. the only isos were for melo and they generally didnt just dribble out the clock. even the passing looked ok.

ive seen a few other videos of people running sets and it looked good. but ive also seen videos of people trying to cheese like crazy and it looked awful. i think you have to actually learn the controls and how things work and try to play realistically. idk once i get a new console and try out the demo ill post back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1
Paint me..."Not Surprised"
Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
I'm sorry but the foundation was in NBA Live 10. This feels like a step back. Everything is extremely slow. There is no comparing to 2k's game but even as a second bball option (or 1st), I can't recommend this. This can't be the game they worked on for 3 years. Can't be. I am not optimistic about the Nba live's future. I want competition in sports videogames and this contest is not even close. Maybe they should go back to the more arcade style. Offer something more "fun" for the ****** gamer. I would buy that... a lot of folks would. 2k14 is King. Better luck next year...if we get one. Smh.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

We need a new company to enter the sports gaming industry to rival 2K (competition will then help 2K as well, see 2k11). EA has done a horrible job for the last five years (outside of FIFA).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »