Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #73
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

After I finished playing my nightly game of the "other" basketball game I decided to see what Live was all about. The Presentation at the beginning of the game seemed decent enough, but once the game started I couldn't even get through the first quarter. Maybe it's one of those games you have to grow to love or something, but I just don't see it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 4
NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Just finished playing a game. Thunder(me) vs cavs(CPU). Game plays just as sorry as it looks on streams and YouTube. Graphically I was expecting it to look better on a 1080p tv. But I was wrong. There's nothing good about this game except for the Christmas jerseys and the sound track is decent.

What a joke. There's nothing about this game that screams next gen. Nothing!!! The game plays sluggish and the animations are from ps2. Played one game and won't be playing another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by magicman32; 11-20-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #75
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Call me crazy, but I'm getting it. It's not as bad as these reviews make it out to be. It's actually pretty damn fun.

Obviously, it's not as good looking graphically, but I like the gameplay better than 2K, always have. It's a little rough as far as animations go. While it does some things bad, it does great things too. Dribbling, floor spacing, A.I. intelligence are all great.

If they build off this, this series will be revived.

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #76
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Call me crazy, but I'm getting it. It's not as bad as these reviews make it out to be. It's actually pretty damn fun.

Obviously, it's not as good looking graphically, but I like the gameplay better than 2K, always have. It's a little rough as far as animations go. While it does some things bad, it does great things too. Dribbling, floor spacing, A.I. intelligence are all great.

If they build off this, this series will be revived.
He says Floor Spacing!

Yea because the players don't even move around! I think what you mean is wide open lanes to the basket. Even Elementary school children could play better help defense.

The A.I. Intelligence he says!!!

Intelligence is not the right word. How about A.I. Stupidity? There is literally nothing intelligent about this game. I know it's your opinion but you just said you like the gameplay better than 2k. WOW! I need a moment to think about that one!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #77
Just started!

OVR: 0
I fully agree with the negative comments. And I also see a lot of people who seem to seriously want to love the game and are pulling at whatever they can to like it even more. I have to be honest and say that this game is a true Live Next Gen disappointment and I really wanted to love this game more than or just as much as NBA 2K..............
Old 11-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #78
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
He says Floor Spacing!

Yea because the players don't even move around! I think what you mean is wide open lanes to the basket. Even Elementary school children could play better help defense.

The A.I. Intelligence he says!!!

Intelligence is not the right word. How about A.I. Stupidity? There is literally nothing intelligent about this game. I know it's your opinion but you just said you like the gameplay better than 2k. WOW! I need a moment to think about that one!!!

2K has never played realistically, and it never will. Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose, once you get going one way, it's impossible to go the other. Players sliding around the court, getting sucked into animations, making every 3 you put up, ghost fouls, I could go on and on.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #79
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

After spending some more time with the demo I am done with this this game. It was fun at first but compared to the other game I just could never make a purchase on this. I think sales are going to be very bad, seriously doubt the suits at EA will want to continue with this series.

Really is a shame too because Live 10 was one of my favorite bball games. If only they could have continued from there they wouldn't be in such bad shape. I truly hope this series continues but I think the public perception is going to be very negative.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does the game have some issues? Absolutely. The most important question is did you have fun playing? For me, the answer is yes! I played a full game and I did enjoy myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »