Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Everyone plays the same there isn't even signature animations. Animations look jerky and unrealistic. Graphics look like PS3. An early PS3 game at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I applaud the devs for what they did in a cycle, but they can't just get credit for showing up. It seems like to me, they made the most of it, but if the EA suits are restricting them, then what can you do? you can't keep rewarding bad behavior. I don't agree with the 4.3 score, but I understand it. Maybe the bad reviews, will help them find what they need to work on. I'm not very optimistic, but here's hoping.
I think the interview of why Mike Wang left EA is ringing more true right now. He basically said making a sim game isn't EA's focus and it's terribly hard to get anything done over there.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I think the interview of why Mike Wang left EA is ringing more true right now. He basically said making a sim game isn't EA's focus and it's terribly hard to get anything done over there.
Good majority of us work/run businesses that provide services/goods to people. Corp folks are the worse.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Honestly......It's not really that bad. Granted I'd never pay full price but it's still a decent game. I truly think they have something to build on. Commentary needs a ton of work. No excitement from them at all. You can easily tell they were in a studio reading a script. Controls are great in my opinion. Yes they advertised it like crazy, but there's something really nice there. The graphics need a lot of work and it looks bad close up. For a ps4 game, it sure doesn't look like one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #69
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
HOLD UP!!!!!

Implement these settings and man its like a whole new game. I love it. This will blow you away! Better flow better animations more physics.

Here are the steps.

1st change lol na just messing with yall. Got cha!!!!

The game is what it is a blah effort.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Again, you do realize that when you buy this game, you will be getting constant updates for the ENTIRE NBA SEASON? And that's not worth $60 to you?
HECK NO that's not worth 60 bucks. Are you mad???
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 4

My last reply is no excuse. I do ultimately believe if EA wanted to put major resources into there NBA live franchise it would have shown in this release. I don't blame the Dev at all because it out was of his hands.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #72
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

The game is just bad. I could say what's wrong with it, but it's been said to death in this thread. I honestly can't name one positive in this game, not one. Maybe some of the presentation elements.

The two biggest features they touted, dribbling and syngery are absolute flops in my opinion; And I state that again, my opinion.

The dribbling and overall player movement is just sluggish and unresponsive. I've seen better player movement from 12 year olds playing a pickup game at the park.

Now, this synergy data was supposed to make the gameplay realistic? I've seen nothing but the CPU AI standing around while one of them just ISOs the entire time. One game against the Knicks, Carmelo really received the ball with his back to the basket, didn't make one move, dribble, anything. He just did a quick turn around jumper. He did this 5 possessions in a row. All from the same spot, all at the same time in the shot clock, that's pathetic.

That hop step, clip through your defender with no consequence to get a free drive to the hoop, I won't even comment on that..

There is no contact in the paint, none. If a guy puts a shot up in the paint it's going in, one way or another. Usually by some nonsense dunk through a defender standing his ground.

Jumpshooting, it's all over the place. I honestly feel like too many jumpshots are being missed, from all star shooters with wide open shots. This is only a problem from mid range and 3, because as I've said, mostly everything in the paint is automatic. Maybe I need some more time with the game to get jump shooting down, but it was a problem for the CPU too.

The game moves and operates entirely too slow, it's like they're moving in molasses. The graphics, I won't even comment on this, and it's supposed to be a next gen game..

I'm not trolling, but I wouldn't even pay twenty dollars for this game. It's a horrible and embarrassing representation of the sport I love.

I would honestly agree with IGNs review. Whether or not it was written in a professional matter is not my point, but in my opinion the game deserves a score of 4/10 , and I'm being generous with that.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »