Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #57
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

WOW I am speechless , ea tried to pull the wool over our eyes! All the dribble vids and still screens made this game look good BUT like always the final version flops. Where do I begin hmmmmm

Graphics - worse looking NEXTGEN game released nuff said

Player movement - robots or motion capture tech ? I'm going with preselected animations instead or human movement like 2k

Presentation - nice , wish I wasn't licensed so that OTHER game could use it

Bball 101 - very basic barebones game that feels more like a beta than a full polished game. Basic principle of ball work somewhat but a lot of the live 10 issues still exist. Also in the paint it seems that if a shot isn't blocked its automatically 2points

Final - this game shouldn't be 59.99 it should be a downloadable only title for 29.99. Ea won't be a major player in the basketball genre for years to come IMO . If their REALLY is a 3 year plan I will wait till then to think about buying

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #58
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Tried it...found it boring....would've been better if they released this on current gen as well and it's way to overpriced for a so called "next gen" game...

only positive I can give is that the menu looks way better than 2k's Dreamcast looking menu....less convoluted as well.....
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #59
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

there will also be a demo for xbox one

Old 11-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
Played 3 games.....

Dun Dun Duuuun!

- I like the idea of true right stick dribbling, but the dribbling is not as fluid as they say. I felt freestyle was waaaay better.

- The commentary has some bright dialog but way to much dead air

- The graphics...no comment...next!

- The shot and layup animations seem limited. I saw the same layups for bigs and guards.

- I saw elbow blocks, which has been in Live games forever. Did they build this from the ground up?

Overall, very disappointed. I would have rather EA come out and blow us away with a graphical masterpiece and an unpolished game, then this effort.
I agree with this one 100%. Not horrible but not great. Somewhere in the middle. Ill wait for confirmation when synergy updates come into play. Ill wait till I can get it for maybe 30ish. I can see potential. EA has no excuses come Live 15.

Like someone said, Devs better be working hard on getting Live 15 updated soon.

All in all not bad if 1 dev cycle statement is true. Ill give it a 7/10 overall.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
Seems EA had no idea 2K had the best looking next gen game up their sleeve--making Live look soooo unappealing in comparison.

Had this been released for 360/ps3, people wouldn't have had such negative reactions.

If they had it for PC, I would be playing right now!! 2K optimization for PC is always wonky, while FIFA14 runs on medium on my laptop perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
I agree with this one 100%. Not horrible but not great. Somewhere in the middle. Ill wait for confirmation when synergy updates come into play. Ill wait till I can get it for maybe 30ish. I can see potential. EA has no excuses come Live 15.

Like someone said, Devs better be working hard on getting Live 15 updated soon.

All in all not bad if 1 dev cycle statement is true. Ill give it a 7/10 overall.
I applaud the devs for what they did in a cycle, but they can't just get credit for showing up. It seems like to me, they made the most of it, but if the EA suits are restricting them, then what can you do? you can't keep rewarding bad behavior. I don't agree with the 4.3 score, but I understand it. Maybe the bad reviews, will help them find what they need to work on. I'm not very optimistic, but here's hoping.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #63
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

I think they nailed the play-calling, presentation and atmosphere. I thought they did a good job capturing those "dead" moments throughout the game (i.e start of 3rd quarter) as well as the intense moments. Presentation was great as well. Jalen sounded good and didn't seem out of place.

With that said, the gameplay is horrendous! Shooting motions are not fluid at all. Herky jerky movement all over the place. Rebounding seems predetermined again (one of my gripes from Live 10). The controls weren't as flux as I expected (seemed a bit clunky)

I'm not surprised it got the review/ratings that it did. LOTS of work need to be done. I am happy to see the game in stores though.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 11-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #64
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Played a half and gave up, the game is just bad, player movement, shooting, rebounding , graphics all bad, I don't know what else to say, but I feel sorry for anyone willing to spend 60 dollars on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »