Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #89
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Live may have more features, not sure and yeah we can read all the reviews, but there are plenty gameplay videos out to make an assessment of how the game looks and play. What the point of having 2000 features, when the actual gameplay is not good. How do I know without playing the game, go to youtube or on this site and see for yourself. Don't worry about who's playing, just look at the animations and the interaction of the players. Look at the movement and the lack of life in the players.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #90
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
I guess you're one of those people I was describing. No I haven't played the game and I won't unless its a demo. $60, yeah right. Playing the game won't change the graphics, the bad animations, the commentary, or anything gameplay wise that you haven't seen. You want presentation, pregame warmups, then this is your game. What you see on your screen is not an oasis, its a sigh of what is. You guys think once you play it, that everything you've seen is gonna change. Spend your money, and after ill see you back here complaining and defending your little heart out.
Yeah, I did not read your post and almost didn't respond to THIS.

Anyways, I don't always run with reviews, especially on sports games. I give them a try thru renting or Demos. I have found that this fills the void.

I'm nobodies sheep, you won't see me hating on a game based off of compressed video or blind hate for a company.

Besides, if I had the money and want to spend it, that's on me. I don't get into pockets of others or cry about what they love or hate.

Give my techniques a try, when you get a chance.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #91
OOO
Rookie

OOO's Arena

OVR: 0

Lmao bleacher report. I could on on it right now and give Nba Live a perfect 10/10 if I wanted to. Anyone can write on BR. It is not creditable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #92
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3

For a game with a multiple year development cycle, a rough history going back to not one but two cancelled games and a full $60 price tag, I would say that even if its a "realistic basketball sim", its still a disappointment. The same people that are going at 2K fans for giving it grief are also giving this title quite a free pass based on some videos on Twitch and the one positive review from Bleacher Report.

Honestly, for $60, you should expect more from EA than this.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #93
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I may be the minority, but I just want to have breaks from 2K and play another viable game. This may fill that void when I want to take a break from 2K.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 1

I will post this link to this video with NBA Live 10 playing right next NBA Live 14.

This might be my last post on this forum because I know people will still try to preach that Live 14 looks better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hndc_XnE6Qk
Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #95
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Indeed not quite what I would call a professional review: "... underneath the garbage .."
So, any review that is overly harsh is automatically unprofessional? Really?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #96
OOO
Rookie

OOO's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
The game is a realistic simulation of basketball, bleacher report a site known for their basketball analysis and knowledge of the game gives it a 7.8 because they see the basketball realism in the game.

It's not just about the graphics but how the game plays from a purely basketball standpoint, and NBA Live delivers a solid basketball simulation. People are really spoiled by graphics and animations it annoying really. If you have a solid Bball I.Q and a basketball mind then you can see the potential in Live, and the amount of fun it could be with two solid players going at it.

I wish more people saw the Scott OG stream or at least he archived it, because the game looked better than any other stream I'd seen of Live, if you understand basketball strategy and tactics then you;ll like the game for what it is. A maybe raw, but solid sim of basketball, not just NBA basketball, but basketball in general.

*Waits for the wise guy to say "but you haven't even played it, stop deffnding EA man"*

I'm not defending EA but just commending someone for implementing core basketball tactics and strategies into a game with full control. I like the fact the game delivers a a solid basketball experience and the control is in my hands.
That's not true at all. ANYONE can write on bleacher report. I can go on and say Kwame Brown is the greatest of all time if I wanted to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »