Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #41
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

People who defends this crap of a game I have no respect for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #42
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg63
Damn bro, you defend this game like someone talking about your family. Funny thing is it's the same company that tried to trick folks into buying by postponing reviews. Now that's a real headshake.
Postponed reviews? Why didn't they wait til the 22nd then?

GTA5 postponed their reviews, so your statement is invalid.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC1213
I don't think anyone needs to have played the game to be able to say that everything we have seen from live has been short of "positive".
That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Just like my opinion is the exact opposite of yours. I think there has been plenty of positives seen. But because I don't jump on the "bash Live and EA again" bandwagon, I'm seen as some sort of oddity, lol. It doesn't bother me, I just find it amusing.

I'm just glad to see that others out there see some positives in the game, too. They just aren't being loud on these forums like I am
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #44
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
You should disrespect people who come here to look for respect. SMH.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Very disappointed in this game and EA overall. The gameplay in general looks awful having watched a lot of Twitch videos of the game. There is no natural movement of players/ball.

The presentation, although IGN called it "poopy" is very good. It looks good and its something that lacks in the other series' game. The commentary is decent but still needs a lot of work. I long for the day that a NBA game has commentary like 2K's baseball series that is easily the best commentary package of any game in many years, if not ever.

I wanted to pick this game up because i've been a fan of Live for as long as I can remember (on the Mega Drive/Genesis). Even when it drops in price I doubt I will and thats sad.

Ea will, IMO, struggle to come back from this. The game will more than likely sell terribly and EA will struggle to put this team back onto production of this game. 14 could be the final nail in Live's coffin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #46
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
Yeah I don't understand this unwavering loyalty to EA. Even with such a poor product as Live, I could understand if it was a company that always strives to do well by their customers, take their feedback, and apply it to their product in the future. But this is EA we are talking about! One of the worst gaming companies. They don't care about customer satisfaction, they just want to put out mediocre product after mediocre product and soak up as much money as they can from gullible fools.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #47
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
The game looks good to me. Is that so hard to understand? I haven't even passed judgement on the final product yet. I'm still waiting to play the demo like most normal people are. Anyone who comes to concrete conclusions from watching some streams is a fool.
I don't have to "demo" getting kicked in the nuts with a pair of steel toe boots to know that it will hurt. Enough people have already gone through this and have either told me or passed the word on.

I don't have to play a demo to have a good feeling around whether its a good game or not. I didn't play the GTA V demo nor the full game but I have confidence its a great game and a great experience due to the dozens of great reviews and gameplay footage I've seen. The same holds true when a game is on the opposite end of the spectrum (like NBA Live 14 appears to be).

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

Honestly the really bad reviews don't suprise me, but they scare me. They scare me into thinking that EA will try to buy the NBA license to snuff out the better game being made.

Here's why EA and Live dissapoints me way more than EA and Madden. Madden is the only football game in town. So they can be lazy and what not (even though I'm mostly happy with next gen madden this year).. BUT for NBA Live..there IS competition and the competition is killing them, so you would think the NBA Live team would actually "get it".. but it's clear that they truly do not get sports games when it comes to Basketball. So much for the 10 year layoff (I know I exagerrated) and telling everyone they are taking this time to put out the best basketball game ever.

Its like ****** a fat chick... she goes away for 6 months to tape The Biggest Looser..and when the episodes air.. shes still fat as ****.. even on the season finale.

Oh well.. at least they havent bought the NBA license yet. I will download the demo though just to see how awful this game really is.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »