Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
And if you’re looking for instructions on how to run the technically named plays you can call, you’ll just have to figure it out on your own. No HUD indicators or other graphics show you what the hell a “51 Spread Pop” is.
There's an option to turn play-art on in the menus, so I'm not sure what he's talking about.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #34
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
LOL. You have posted yourself that you don't have the game yet either, and all you have been doing is defending this terrible excuse of a basketball simulation all throughout the Live forums.
Don't even bother. These are the same guys saying Live shows promise just from watching streams, and saying that 2K has the same ol' gameplay just from watching streams.

They can watch all the streams and gameplay videos they want, while praising this game to heaven, but when someone criticizes and points out obvious, glaring flaws. Not only from a basketball perspective, but a video game perspective, we're trolling because we've only watched streams. It's getting pathetic at this point
Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #35
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
The writing is on the wall, yet and still people will defend this game like they work for the company. I'm all for competition, but this doesn't fall in that category. Game looks like its running on a ps2, animations are still not fluid. This looks like the first year in a 3 year dev cycle. Some people have that Jessie Jackson mentality, "Keep hope alive". Power to y'all. You gonna buy this game, defend it, force yourself to like, complain, then scream for a patch. Ill pass yet again.
Then there is the other side of your post, the one where people hate the game based on the developers, not the experience.

Just with Madden 25 on PS4 which is a pretty awesome game but of course, here comes the bobble head haters. I don't blame them for wanting the best, but most base their rants off of past experiences and compressed YouTube videos, so I take thy haters opinion as a grain of salt.

Maybe NBAL14 does stink, but until you've actually tried it, then 'what are you talking about Willis'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
You must have played the game a lot to know that the rating is spot on. Oh wait, you only saw streams
Damn bro, you defend this game like someone talking about your family. Funny thing is it's the same company that tried to trick folks into buying by postponing reviews. Now that's a real headshake.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

The game looks good to me. Is that so hard to understand? I haven't even passed judgement on the final product yet. I'm still waiting to play the demo like most normal people are. Anyone who comes to concrete conclusions from watching some streams is a fool.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #38
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Then there is the other side of your post, the one where people hate the game based on the developers, not the experience.

Just with Madden 25 on PS4 which is a pretty awesome game but of course, here comes the bobble head haters. I don't blame them for wanting the best, but most base their rants off of past experiences and compressed YouTube videos, so I take thy haters opinion as a grain of salt.

Maybe NBAL14 does stink, but until you've actually tried it, then 'what are you talking about Willis'?
Hey bro, say you have an 8 or 9/10 girl (2k). Then a 3/10 girl (Live) comes along and wants to get in with you. Do you need to "try it" to know there is no comparison and you would much rather the first girl?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think anyone needs to have played the game to be able to say that everything we have seen from live has been short of "positive". The trailer, the streamed gameplay, the lack of anything compelling officially released from EA, the list goes on. I think the backlash at EA is completely warranted. There has been absolutely nothing that makes me think this game is worth the pick up. I wish it wasn't the case. I love bball games and am still a bit fatigued on 2k after playing literally 10,000 games of 11/12. I would have loved a beautiful, fresh, smooth next gen experience form EA.

I'll still try the demo and hope everyone is wrong but looks like 2k on Friday for me...unfortunately.

Last edited by GJC1213; 11-19-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
The game looks good to me. Is that so hard to understand? I haven't even passed judgement on the final product yet. I'm still waiting to play the demo like most normal people are. Anyone who comes to concrete conclusions from watching some streams is a fool.
Concrete conclusions gathered from the streams..

1. Bad animations. There's 0 variety in the way players animate, aside from some of the different dribbling techniques.

2. Player movement. Embarrassingly slow, and yet somehow jerky at the same time. It's like someone put 10 robots on the court and put them all on slow speed.

3. The crowd. They don't look next gen, they're also very robotic and stiff. They might sound good, but they detract from the overall look, big time.

4. The post game is puke worthy. There looks to be, maybe 2-3 moves an offensive post player can use, and from the stream, 85% of the time there is little to no contact in the paint.

5. Spacing. Why don't the user AI teammates move when he has the ball the majority of the time? In almost all of the videos I saw, offenses are stagnant, complacent, like they're not even there.

6. The commentary. Too much dead air. It's boring, like they just recorded generic lines in the studio with a hangover after an all night party session. It's bad.

I mean christ, should I keep going? Because I definitely can. These are all concrete flaws that detract from the overall basketball experience. Stop grasping for straws. The game looks bad visually, it looks like it plays terrible from a basketball perspective. If YOU think this is how basketball is supposed to look and play, then you've been watching the wrong sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »