Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #185
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I actually think I'll get NBA Live OVER NBA 2k.

Why:

1: NBA 2K commentary is SO REPETITIVE. I've heard the same boring stuff for years. Even though the commentary on 2K14 is mostly new, after you play 1 game with a team they say the same exact stuff about the team. The commentary on Live may need a little polishing, but it's new, fresh, and it sounds like they comment a little more on the gameplay vs talking about the same thing over and over.

2: Gameplay. Overall I hate how NBA 2k feels when I play it. It just has a bad feel. You don't have full control. When someone tries to steal the ball you can lose control for 2-3 seconds with goofy animations.

3: Footwork/looks: 2K players constantly shuffle their feet. They move in multiple directions like an adhd kid.

4: Speed. NBA Live has the PERFECT speed. NBA 2k speeds up their games to make them more exciting and to get better marketing, but it's very unrealistic as far as speed is concerned. Live is the perfect speed.

2K seems like a little bit of a better game with way better graphics. BUT I'm SO TIRED of the SAME problems with 2K. It has played the same for the last 3-4 years and people are content with it, but I hate that. And the repetitive commentary with the same annoying voices has driven me from enjoyment of the game.

I think Ea should patch some of these problems away with gameplay. Yeah, I admit some of the shooting and passing motions are a little weird. But at least the players move like they should and overall the game plays well. Some tweaks could make this a great game.

Once those tweaks are made it's gameplay and presentation vs graphics. And I'll take gameplay all day.

My 2 cents.
I would recomend playing both games before deciding on one over the other. Go to a local red box and see if you can rent them. I have played 2k for ps4 and it is definitely the best controlled 2k yet. With that said it isn't a drastic difference from cg. Same control schene, some animations are the same but its just a tighter and more fluid feel.

Also I don't see live staying at $60 for long. 2k is getting a lot of praise, the pre-release impressions of live are average, and i would imagine 2k is going to sell better in the first couple of weeks. Dont be surprised if you start seeing live on sale within the next couple of weeks.

Lastly why are you so critical of 2k but so forgiving to live? 2k is not flawless by any means but they have done a damn good job over the years where as EA hasn't been able produce a product for the past 3 years. Its good to have competition back and I'm glad to have another option for a basketball game but just because its a different experience does not mean it will be a good one. I'm lookIng forward to checking out the demo tomorrow but I'm gna keep my expectations realistic and maybe ill end up being surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #186
Rookie

selahsdaddy's Arena

Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Yes there is better foot planting in this game. I'm not saying there isn't any sliding but it's minimal compared to elite. You also don't see centers pulling up for three.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
You don't see centers pulling up for 3s but we have the Suns running their entire offense through Okafor in the 3rd quarter. UConn didn't even do that..... Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #187
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by selahsdaddy
You don't see centers pulling up for 3s but we have the Suns running their entire offense through Okafor in the 3rd quarter. UConn didn't even do that..... Lol

Which is why I believe DNA hasn't been fully implemented yet. If that happens after the 25th, I would have a problem with that.

I fully expect that to change, though, once DNA is updated.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #188
Rookie

selahsdaddy's Arena

Also for Live not to have gone all out online is astounding. No online leagues at all? Just head to head games?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #189
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

The graphics look like a ps3 game. I am not impressed with this game. Hopefully next year they will make the graphics pop.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #190
Rookie

Honestly, i watched these videos and i was trying not to laugh. There is a laundry list of things wrong with this game. The graphics are beyond poor. The animations are poor. The commentary is poor but the best part about this game is where the players stand around doing nothing. I'm not even a huge basketball fan but this is embarrassing. I purchased 2k and it seems like i made the right choice.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #191
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I feel crazy for thinking, "It doesn't look that bad."

I mean, it's not making me rethink my plan to get 2K, and I wouldn't pay $60 for it; but at a cheaper price down the line as a 'pop it in every once in a while' change of pace type of game? I can see myself doing that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #192
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Figures
Bottom-line, this game could rival any game made back in the late 90s early 2000. But, in our day and time, this is a Wii game or generic PC game which you should be able to buy while waiting in line at Walmart, right next to the candy. EA should once again exit the market and spend more time on trying to make a real to life Football game.
Just my two cents.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I played a lot of Live in the 90's, and this game actually reminds me of the late 90's ps1 era. Obviously it looks better in graphics and gameplay, but a lot of it looks the same really. Specially if you watch this in a low resolution. I just couldn't get into this game if I had to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »