Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 6
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much dead time in commentary.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #170
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I actually think I'll get NBA Live OVER NBA 2k.

Why:

1: NBA 2K commentary is SO REPETITIVE. I've heard the same boring stuff for years. Even though the commentary on 2K14 is mostly new, after you play 1 game with a team they say the same exact stuff about the team. The commentary on Live may need a little polishing, but it's new, fresh, and it sounds like they comment a little more on the gameplay vs talking about the same thing over and over.

2: Gameplay. Overall I hate how NBA 2k feels when I play it. It just has a bad feel. You don't have full control. When someone tries to steal the ball you can lose control for 2-3 seconds with goofy animations.

3: Footwork/looks: 2K players constantly shuffle their feet. They move in multiple directions like an adhd kid.

4: Speed. NBA Live has the PERFECT speed. NBA 2k speeds up their games to make them more exciting and to get better marketing, but it's very unrealistic as far as speed is concerned. Live is the perfect speed.

2K seems like a little bit of a better game with way better graphics. BUT I'm SO TIRED of the SAME problems with 2K. It has played the same for the last 3-4 years and people are content with it, but I hate that. And the repetitive commentary with the same annoying voices has driven me from enjoyment of the game.

I think Ea should patch some of these problems away with gameplay. Yeah, I admit some of the shooting and passing motions are a little weird. But at least the players move like they should and overall the game plays well. Some tweaks could make this a great game.

Once those tweaks are made it's gameplay and presentation vs graphics. And I'll take gameplay all day.

My 2 cents.
Can't take this seriously. Considering no one had played live in over 3 years

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #171
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

Why:

1: NBA 2K commentary is SO REPETITIVE. I've heard the same boring stuff for years. Even though the commentary on 2K14 is mostly new, after you play 1 game with a team they say the same exact stuff about the team. The commentary on Live may need a little polishing, but it's new, fresh, and it sounds like they comment a little more on the gameplay vs talking about the same thing over and over.

2: Gameplay. Overall I hate how NBA 2k feels when I play it. It just has a bad feel. You don't have full control. When someone tries to steal the ball you can lose control for 2-3 seconds with goofy animations.

3: Footwork/looks: 2K players constantly shuffle their feet. They move in multiple directions like an adhd kid.

4: Speed. NBA Live has the PERFECT speed. NBA 2k speeds up their games to make them more exciting and to get better marketing, but it's very unrealistic as far as speed is concerned. Live is the perfect speed.

2K seems like a little bit of a better game with way better graphics. BUT I'm SO TIRED of the SAME problems with 2K. It has played the same for the last 3-4 years and people are content with it, but I hate that. And the repetitive commentary with the same annoying voices has driven me from enjoyment of the game.

I think Ea should patch some of these problems away with gameplay. Yeah, I admit some of the shooting and passing motions are a little weird. But at least the players move like they should and overall the game plays well. Some tweaks could make this a great game.

Once those tweaks are made it's gameplay and presentation vs graphics. And I'll take gameplay all day.

My 2 cents.
This cannot actually be serious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:

Why:

My 2 cents.
I think I watched different NBA Live gameplay video than you. Comparing it with this 2k gameplay, Live is miles away from Next-Gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=938LffCYSZo

People should not forget that Live is an EA production and they do not have a good reputation of implemeneting customer suggestions into their products.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #173
J.C
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not a fan boy of either franchise. I Just want a quality basketball game like the rest. But This game looks absolutely dreadful.

To the People playing down the lack of animations. If ever animations were CRUCIAL in a sports sim. It's Basketball. real players play and move with style, grace and conviction. Basketball is the most inventive and expressive sport in the world RIFE with unpredictability that make you stop and raise a smile in appreciation. How can you play this game and emulate those moments when the much needed crucial animations to give you that opportunity aren't even in place?

They don't even register basic body contact. EA should be ashamed for releasing this for 60 bucks on NEXT GEN. No wonder there was a review embargo (from what I've heard)

This really is so bad that when I get a little bit sad I can't yet play next gen 2k. I can watch next gen live footage on youtube to make myself glad I at least have the current gen 2k.

I wouldn't mind if it was a newer more wet behind the ears company delving into making this type of game. But this is EA. A gaming giant in terms of revenue and a long history of making sports games. But I shouldn't be surprised and we shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not like they haven't been butchering the gaming representation of some of our favourite sports for years. Shameless.

Thats my personal take on it. everyones entitled to their own. I just felt I had to get that off my chest.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C
I'm not a fan boy of either franchise. I Just want a quality basketball game like the rest. But This game looks absolutely dreadful.

To the People playing down the lack of animations. If ever animations were CRUCIAL in a sports sim. It's Basketball. real players play and move with style, grace and conviction. Basketball is the most inventive and expressive sport in the world RIFE with unpredictability that make you stop and raise a smile in appreciation. How can you play this game and emulate those moments when the much needed crucial animations to give you that opportunity aren't even in place?

They don't even register basic body contact. EA should be ashamed for releasing this for 60 bucks on NEXT GEN. No wonder there was a review embargo (from what I've heard)

This really is so bad that when I get a little bit sad I can't yet play next gen 2k. I can watch next gen live footage on youtube to make myself glad I at least have the current gen 2k.

I wouldn't mind if it was a newer more wet behind the ears company delving into making this type of game. But this is EA. A gaming giant in terms of revenue and a long history of making sports games. But I shouldn't be surprised and we shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not like they haven't been butchering the gaming representation of some of our favourite sports for years. Shameless.

Thats my personal take on it. everyones entitled to their own. I just felt I had to get that off my chest.
The worst and saddest part of this is that people will continue supporting this type of unfinished products and EA will continue adding $$$ to their bankroll giving back nothing in return to their customers.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #175
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Why:

My 2 cents.
Excellent post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #176
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Excellent post!
Why are you congratulating yourself?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »