Home

The Best Madden? A Look Back at Madden NFL 10

This is a discussion on The Best Madden? A Look Back at Madden NFL 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I liked '10 when it came out because it was the biggest upgrade between years for Madden.Every previous one this Gen was crap IMO.It turned the corner to playable at least.

A couple of years ago there was a thread that was started saying that they liked' 10 better than '12.It was a fairly even sided debate so I decided to pick it up again for around $4 at the time and compare.I was stunned at just how much better '12 looked and played.

"10 didn't have anything going for it except the foot planting that was taken away in '11 with the locomotion which in turn took away the suction that was so prevalent in "10.Zone coverage was bad in '10 and there was the funny looking hitch step when running.When you went to sack the qb he'd throw the flutter ball quite often.The Schwarzenegger-like breaking 8 man gang tackles by running backs and receivers still lacked some sideline awareness.The refs often made the wrong call along sideline catches also.

Anyway '12 wins for me hands down.25 would also get a close second but needs cleaned up a bit still.After that it's a drop off.
Yeah '12 was definitely the best. Especially in 1 player mode. The CPU a had actually had a running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
It was a solid title. However the stale and brain dead franchise mode killed it for me long term.

Also there were some serious exploit plays which...I love calling. Screen passes became money for me...and that is an essential play...there were too many instances against the CPU and a human where the flats can easily be an exploit.

And the QB fumble bug returned for a TD was just awful and aggravating.

But M10 did a bunch of cool things....and then they just went in another direction after that.

But I rank it high on the all time madden games list. But no way is it the best Madden ever.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #27
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
I was doing this while waiting for Madden 25 to come in the mail [I live in Peru, so couldn't get it at launch]. I pretty much came to the same conclusions. I shelved Madden 10 for most of it's cycle though because until the final update, pursuit was broken. Defenders would chase a point BEHIND the ball carrier and that would let short runs turn into big runs, and big runs into TDs. It was pathetic for most of it's normal life cycle. People forget that. I have a video on my YouTube about it, showing it.

Best Madden ever? TO me it is hat we have right now. Is Madden 25 perfect? No. Not by a long shot. Why is it the best for me though? A deep franchise mode, game play that works, and custom playbooks. Prior ot Madden 13, franchise mode on the 360 as garbage and it took from Madden 06-13 until they finally got on par with Madden 06/07 on the PS2. Madden 12 had custom playbooks, so that was a huge plus for me, but Madden 13 got rid of them. It was really a hard choice between 13 and 12 because one had a deep franchise but the other had terriblel play books that you couldn't change. Now 25 gives us both!

Oh, and protack was horrid in Madden. NCAA 11 fine tuned protack and it works like a dream for those who still have their copy, pop it in and see for yourself. In Madden 10, it was a bunch of guys hugging, and waiting to be hugged... and you would see Chris Johnson go blasting out of a pile of guys like he was Frank Gore. You KNEW when protack moment was going to happen. In NCAA 11, it happened MUCH more fluidly. You would be in a tackle animation and then someone could just hit the pile, or add on. You wouldn't know until it happened. It was comical in Madden 10.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #28
Rookie

Yes, Madden 10 was terrible with flats coverage for screens. You had to put DE in contain almost every single down. That and the TD runs after dudes would breakout of the gang tackling was annoying. That was online though, single player/franchise was pretty good. I have to say since 2005 though this year is my favorite Madden though I'm sure I'm in the minority.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #29
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: The Best Madden? A Look Back at Madden NFL 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsip
Yes, Madden 10 was terrible with flats coverage for screens. You had to put DE in contain almost every single down. That and the TD runs after dudes would breakout of the gang tackling was annoying. That was online though, single player/franchise was pretty good. I have to say since 2005 though this year is my favorite Madden though I'm sure I'm in the minority.

M25 by a pretty wide margin is the best this gen.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 11-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6
10 was great. Loved the running game. Gameplay was basic at times, but that's what made it so good. Also it had great grass textures, lighting, and halftime show. Nice overlays and looked just right.

I thought 12 was really good too and 10 and 12 were the best this gen. They had a good foundation to keep going but they scrapped it all and started over with the glitch ridden 13 and uninspiring 25. Typical EA.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #31
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Best Madden? A Look Back at Madden NFL 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
The draft classes were the best for me. Wish they'd bring those players back.
They did bring em back

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #32
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Madden 10 was a really solid game. The games played out realistically, and it was the first Madden for a while, as mentioned in the article that felt like it was heading in the right direction.

I might get it again if I can find it for under a fiver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »