Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #41
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

I am at a point where seeing the 5 v 5 gameplay doesn't bother me any longer..... we have come this far and its that close, suddenly it doesn't bother me so much.

I will say this, as they were playing and walking through the basics, you could sense some great depth in this game.

I anticipate weakness being graphical and animations, but EA seem to have focused on the guts of it in terms of gameplay based on whats been said and whats been read......

In depth pick and roll, player tendencies from Synergy, Bounce Tek and foot planting.....

To use OKC and come hard at a defender with Westbrook and have a defender aggressively back pedal allowing you to pull up suddenly for a mid range J with Russ would be a fantastic thing...... and it would open up one on one play, closing out qtrs, games, shot clocks would have a big element of fun. Creating space for good looks.....forcing baseline with the Bulls, playing Ice pick and rolls etc..... each teams feel now gets distinguished on a whole new level (potentially)...

If we can get past weaker animations, things as mentioned above could just keep EA in the fight.....

Saying that, we could go as far as to anticipate weak reviews, with the ever evolving things with this game, day by day etc.... this definitely seems like users need to give it time to see its strengths.....

A reviewer may score it differently after 3 months for example.....

All of this is hopeful speculation (I am a 2K fan I will say - but more so, a basketball fan).....but if EA managed to get the depths of these gameplay elements to a certain level, this game could be fun and very strategic.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
People come on here with their agendas, I don't get it, I read the comments before listening, and it sounds like yal are wishful listening. Yal wish live the worst just because it's ea and you like 2k, I think it's odd people spread hate like that, but wat can you do?? Dude seemed to enjoy what he saw, it's like that jayz verse, did you really listen to the podcast or just skim throught it?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #43
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
you have to give them credit. Overall ratings don't really matter. Glad to see real data being used. Player rating should be extinct this gen. Its too vague to get an idea of a how a player really reacts or plays. I'm hoping they can execute this to a T
my only question about player ratings going away is how it will be handled when playing franchise mode. obviously my individual franchise will be different than whats happening irl, so there will need to be some kind of base rating system in place to work from. im actually surprised he didnt ask about that when they were talking about getting rid of ratings completely and not being able to edit player ratings manually.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #44
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I took Live out of my delivery slot in Gamefly. I'm sorry but if EA is reluctant to release 5 vs 5 gameplay then this game can't be worth the time of day. Why even release the game if you're ashamed of it? I can't believe this game has been in development as long as EA claims.
i think it has more to do with visuals than anything else. they want people to play the game rather than watch someone else do it. they obviously cant compete with 2k right now when it comes to visuals so they are relying on whats under the hood to make their game stand out. you cant see a lot of that by watching someone else play the game and gameplay videos will only be picked apart based on how they look graphically. we saw that just on the few trailers they released.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

I don't mind rough visuals, as long as the gameplay is on point. From what I've heard so far, I'm confident the game plays a sim-style basketball game. Proper spacing, intuitive pick and roll, deep controls, team-specific play-calling, etc., wrapped up in the blanket of Synergy DNA. This game should be a hardcore hoops fan's dream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
I don't mind rough visuals, as long as the gameplay is on point. From what I've heard so far, I'm confident the game plays a sim-style basketball game. Proper spacing, intuitive pick and roll, deep controls, team-specific play-calling, etc., wrapped up in the blanket of Synergy DNA. This game should be a hardcore hoops fan's dream.
Intuitive pick and roll plus ability to manually select different types of passes... sounds nice.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 7
Loved this press row. I love the depth that Live has added, but what I dont love is hearing gameplay but not being able to see. Once again, I dont understand why the buying public cant see this secretive game when its just about to launch...
Old 11-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #48
Rookie

It is just crazy that we have to hear and not see this game in action at this point. Lets hope they knock out all the things they are focusing on this foundation, so they can bring much more effort on the graphics and animations in the future iterations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »