Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #169
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
but you would shoot the ball now on 2k if you hold the right stick a certain direction..live is not like that at all and besides live had the dribble stick first
Actually inside drive had the dribble stick first.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 11-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #170
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Really like what I'm seeing, definitely a must-play for anyone who loves basketball video games.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #171
Banned

OVR: 0
Its funny seeing you guys excited for what is obviously an inferior product. The graphics are jinky and everything looks very unpolished. They can add whatever settings they want, if the characters are moving around unrealistically it won't make for a good basketball game.

I know some of you guys are Live "fans", but any true basketball game fan know crap when they see it. This game looks like crap, everybody dribbled the same, and even when they were dribbling it look like they were tweaking off some meth.

I don't know why people willfully try to fool themselves to thinking something that is obviously crap will be good. I'm not trolling, I am just telling an obvious truth. Everything about this game looks like crap. AND NOTHING LOOKS LIKE THE PLAYERS ARE UNIQUE! 2k has that unique player factor downpacked, and I doubt live will be anywhere as unique as 2k. FIFA still doesn't even feel like the players are unique, and thats EA's best game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #172
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggan
Live looks like it'll be a lot of fun this year. Seems like a great re-start for the NBA Live franchise. I'm getting the feeling that individual players are really going to feel unique this year, and that's great!
I'm glad that you like what you're seeing. Player differentiation has been a big focus for us this year. A player like D.Rose is real quick and bouncy, while Nash has his slower pocket hesitation and has to work more off his jumper and in screen roll. Direction is key, we have a new team here that's focused on making a great game.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #173
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksboy87
Its funny seeing you guys excited for what is obviously an inferior product. The graphics are jinky and everything looks very unpolished. They can add whatever settings they want, if the characters are moving around unrealistically it won't make for a good basketball game.

I know some of you guys are Live "fans", but any true basketball game fan know crap when they see it. This game looks like crap, everybody dribbled the same, and even when they were dribbling it look like they were tweaking off some meth.

I don't know why people willfully try to fool themselves to thinking something that is obviously crap will be good. I'm not trolling, I am just telling an obvious truth. Everything about this game looks like crap. AND NOTHING LOOKS LIKE THE PLAYERS ARE UNIQUE! 2k has that unique player factor downpacked, and I doubt live will be anywhere as unique as 2k. FIFA still doesn't even feel like the players are unique, and thats EA's best game.

Im probably going to wait till the game is 20-30 bucks to be honest just for the reasons you mentioned

People can say that graphics are not everything they don't care but what they're really saying is " i hope to god it doesn't play as bad as it looks graphically "

I was disappointed with live BIG TIME after the Irving trailers looked so good
Old 11-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #174
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Rangerscruz,

Excellent point, people are not paying $400-500 for a game to look ok, they want the bells and whistles! You can get ok on current gen.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #175
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Come on, OG. Spill the beans man. LOL.
Haha what else on the gamplay side would you like to know? Some of these questions are great. Where are you guys during our twitter conversations?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #176
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Haha what else on the gamplay side would you like to know? Some of these questions are great. Where are you guys during our twitter conversations?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
How is the offensive play calling? Is it similar to Live 10?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »