Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #137
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Personally, I've never been a fan of complicated control schemes and these dribble moves look good and seem simple enough. I'd love to see Defense and/or Post Moves next.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Not bad. If the finished game ends up playing like live 10.5 or something I'd say they're on the right track to recovery. Nba Live 10 was a pretty solid game
Old 11-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #139
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

As a basketball fan its exciting to have more options don't get me wrong.

My feelings aren't coming from the fact that there is more...both of these games had something the other didn't have, and that's one reason I could play Live in the past, well the ones I could stomach enough anyway.

Its some complex stuff when you think about it to be able to do any of this so its pretty incredible if it does, and that made ID special because they had some stuff working in sync back in the early 2000s, and one reason why you see it referenced so much.

Here and now, put up or shut up. Don't tell me you've got shading to one side of the floor but only show me D Wade doing the AO and the Steve Francis. Its head scratching even if you want to take skepticism or of the equation.

Last edited by 23; 11-02-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #140
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
HAHA oh ok gotcha.... Aaron did the write up, sorry. Not even sure how much he gave considering he was so bummed about no 30 team franchise (Ive seen him skip NBA Live for the same reason only). That said he did a write up for OS and a bunch of others like IGN, Gamespot, Franchise.play(bleacherreport),slam magazine, etc....
Ok thanks man. Love the info knowledge as always from you and some others on he board. I really think Live needs to come strong with thise years game. That 3 year **** ain't gonna cut it this time around. Only going next gen and saying they've built it from the ground up may come back to kick them in the butt if this flops.

For our (consumers) sake, I hope they do well.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 8

This game really feels like it is in the right path.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #142
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Ok thanks man. Love the info knowledge as always from you and some others on he board. I really think Live needs to come strong with thise years game. That 3 year **** ain't gonna cut it this time around. Only going next gen and saying they've built it from the ground up may come back to kick them in the butt if this flops.

For our (consumers) sake, I hope they do well.

Honestly man in not expecting the world from tyese games first year. Some of these companies got buggy dev kits late last year when people think they had 2 years.

I don't however like the marketing teams blowing smoke and being deceptive. Ive seen the live team be completely open back during live 10s pre release because they wanted to gain trust back. Don't believe me check some of the old threads.

I promise they're great reads and you'll understand more about why you see responses you see in the forums today. I bumped that wtf 3 year plan thread because it was one of them and amazingly relevant til this day.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #143
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Yeah the3 year plan is pretty much a get out of jail free card for them. Atleast that's what they're saying and hoping for. But for a team that hasn't put out a game the past 3 years, IMO they don't have 3 years to build a quality product.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #144
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Yeah the3 year plan is pretty much a get out of jail free card for them. Atleast that's what they're saying and hoping for. But for a team that hasn't put out a game the past 3 years, IMO they don't have 3 years to build a quality product.

Well I'm not sure sakes projections are that high anyway seeing as everyone wont be moving to nex Gen right away but I agree with you.

Ill talk with my money too thia gen across all games.

Galaxy Note 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »